Online Sewing Class: Sew a Designer Unlined Jacket

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8929 (Misses' Pants)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:8/18/13 4:52 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 9 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
Foxsews said... (9/12/13 3:47 PM) Reply
SFS: I'm sitting here trying to figure out the final measurements of the various sizes. Its hard with the patterning on these pants. I have the opposite problem of you...I have a butt! And while I am sturdily built...I find the pattern has me in a size 20! In ready to wear I am a 12-14. Fortunately or unfortunately I bought the smaller size range. So now I'm trying to figure out if I proceed or not....but figuring out the final measurements on the 3 crucial areas is tough...waist, hips, thighs. Any hints would be appreciated. Thanks & thanks for the review.
sfshaza said... (9/8/13 2:34 AM) Reply
I don't see how that would happen, Foxsews. The first thing the instructions have you do is to reinforce the pocket opening so it won't bag.
Foxsews said... (9/7/13 2:04 PM) Reply
I'm considering these pants...but I'm wondering if the pockets will bag out over the hip and thighs and make one look "hippy-er?" Is it a slim line down the front? Thanks.
DorothyK said... (8/19/13 1:27 PM) Reply
Love the pants. You achieved a great fit.
Rebecca D said... (8/19/13 8:18 AM) Reply
As usual, first out of the gate with a new Marcy pattern. I am excited to try this one. These look great on you, love the fabric. Thanks for reviewing.
SewLibra said... (8/19/13 0:43 AM) Reply
Nice fitting job and I like the pockets and seams on these pants! I have some of the same fitting issues you do, and spent the day making up a pants sloper from RTW. My body is changing...again...yikes! Thank you for this review and I plan to get this pattern.
Tina Rathbone said... (8/19/13 0:43 AM) Reply
As was said, it's nice to see these made up, as Marcy wasn't so happy with the fit of her sample on the Vogue model, according to her blog. Thanks again for another great review. Tina
Barbara V said... (8/18/13 10:43 PM) Reply
It's so helpful to see how you altered the crotch curve to fit properly which these really do. The anthracite color looks great with your top and shirt for a sharp looking ensemble! Good going!
Dilliander said... (8/18/13 6:46 PM) Reply
Great to see these made up. The seam details are fabulous and you have the fit spot on :) A wardrobe basic with style!

by: Muggiesew