Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1923 (Toddler's Sportswear)

Review submitted in 2013 Sewing for Children Contest Contest
Reviewed by:Jstarr4250

About Jstarr4250starstarstarstar
SC United States
Member since: 4/11/12
Posted on:8/21/13 9:38 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Shorts    Vests    Tops    Toddlers

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Mimi O said... (9/8/13 5:13 PM) Reply
This is an adorable outfit and you did a nice job.
cleverkitty said... (9/6/13 9:29 AM) Reply
oh my gosh I missed this one, he is gorgeous and so are the girls I love you sewing for them, this had to be very satisfying a nice break from big girl clothes :)
dinagideon said... (8/31/13 2:36 PM) Reply
Of course your work on the outfit is amazing, but OMG, that little guy, so so sweet. :) Thanks for pointing me to another little boys' pattern!
fattyboomboom said... (8/31/13 9:01 AM) Reply
Adorable! What a perfect matching of pattern and fabric/buttons. He looks so Cape Cod chic!!
Sue Parrott said... (8/28/13 10:56 PM) Reply
Barbara V said... (8/25/13 9:30 PM) Reply
I just now saw your review of the adorable shirt and shorts on your little handsome guy. The black buttons really set it off.....the girl's dresses are so sweet! Lovely work! Such fun!
HolleyM said... (8/24/13 4:50 PM) Reply
It looks like a very high end outfit! Nicely done!
Jstarr4250 said... (8/23/13 4:40 PM) Reply
Thank you everyone! Sdn, I do think it ran quite true to size. Bryce is 9 mos old and I made the size 1/2 for him. The pants are long so they should fit him for a while yet. The sleeve tabs on the shirt also allow for adjustment. Wimmie, thanks for the Violette Fields Threads tip. I've not heard of that line before. Cit3, yes- this would make ideal mini chefs' coats- that same comment was made while we were out to dinner.
SheBear0320 said... (8/23/13 2:08 PM) Reply
What a cutie -- and your outfit is spot-on. With 3 toddler grandsons and 1 toddler granddaughter, I think I will have to pick up this pattern. Your review was a deciding factor.
wimmie said... (8/22/13 9:26 AM) Reply
So cool. I just tried for the first time a pattern from "Violette Fields Threads" for my youngest granddaughter, but no one puts really great patterns out for our grandsons. I must get this pattern, reminds me of a Robert Redford movie. really very cool.
Pj3g said... (8/22/13 8:37 AM) Reply
What a wonderful outfit for an adorable baby boy!
clt3 said... (8/22/13 7:31 AM) Reply
Oh my, how cute is this! I thought from the small picture it was a chef's outfit. I may have to copy this idea, my daughter and SIL (a chef) just had twin boys.
sdn said... (8/22/13 0:59 AM) Reply
Were measurements true to size?..I know kids patterns sometimes run large.
SewWil said... (8/21/13 8:26 PM) Reply
Soooo cute!!!
grays08 said... (8/21/13 6:51 PM) Reply
Too cute!
liliv said... (8/21/13 5:55 PM) Reply
They look like models of an expensive kids clothing line!!
GoodbyeValntino said... (8/21/13 1:06 PM) Reply
Precious in his baby Archer! Such cute children!
CissieW said... (8/21/13 12:16 PM) Reply
Oh my! Those children are too cute for words. I have to check out those dresses for my girls! I'm ashamed to admit that I don't sew for my little boys very much -- but this adorable little outfit makes me want to!
KensingtonCrab said... (8/21/13 10:30 AM) Reply
What a doll! Cute outfit too!
Adaire said... (8/21/13 10:10 AM) Reply
Your grandchildren are just precious! What a good looking group! Bet they are thrilled with their outfits.
ArtAttack said... (8/21/13 9:50 AM) Reply
A baby Archer! How adorable!

Patrones Magazine 293-27