Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8876 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:Barbara V

About Barbara Vstarstarstarstar
Posted on:8/22/13 6:17 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 20 people

Christas said... (10/20/13 9:33 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute!!! Your dress looks sooo nice on you! I love your fabric choice, and of course, your sewing skills have turned this into a very stylish garment. Your red reading glasses as wonderful, too!
GoodbyeValntino said... (9/2/13 4:25 PM) Reply
Phenomenal job on this pattern!
sfshaza said... (8/31/13 4:33 AM) Reply
I missed this review, but Dorothy mentioned it, so I looked it up. A fabulous dress, Barbara! I love it - your modifications were perfect. And it's so cute with your red glasses!
lamstu said... (8/27/13 8:14 AM) Reply
You have made a really adorable dress out of this pattern, and styled it really well too. I'll have to review my stash with this dyeing plan in mind!
Jstarr4250 said... (8/26/13 11:20 PM) Reply
A triumph of a dress. Original and beautifully made and you look perfect in it.
TJSEWS said... (8/25/13 10:03 AM) Reply
What can I say that hasn't already been said! I love everything you did. It was brilliant to dye the fabric and the fabric turned out beautifully. I love the red accents. The decision to use the red invisible zipper is right on. Thank you for pointing out all of the fabulous details and for such a wonderful and thorough review. (Love your glasses.)
Gendun said... (8/24/13 5:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful! Very upscale as well as relaxed. Posh, even. :) Nice job on the colour and fabric selection, too! I'm impressed!
liliv said... (8/24/13 12:18 PM) Reply
How pretty!!! You are an extremely stylish and smart woman!
CynthiaSue said... (8/24/13 10:59 AM) Reply
You look adorable and I bet its comfortable as well. I remember this fabric from the retreat!:). this dress is so fashionable and I never would have known. You have a great eye!
Annie P said... (8/23/13 9:09 PM) Reply
Fabulous dress. Love the red zip--an inspired detail! The red accessories are perfect.
NJcowgirl said... (8/23/13 1:27 PM) Reply
Beautiful. How clever to dye the white fabric. It looks great on you and I love the red glasses.
DorothyK said... (8/23/13 1:00 PM) Reply
Barbara, this is a wonderful dress. You did a great job in the way you used the fabric. The dying came out great. I must say that brilliant minds think alike. I just finished the same dress using a Japanese cotton from Marcy also. Will post my review shortly. You set the bar - this is a great review.
2 Airedales n Me said... (8/23/13 11:33 AM) Reply
Everyone has said it so well - this dress is a real winner and looks FABulous on you! Thanks for your thoughtful and helpful review.
ArtAttack said... (8/23/13 10:59 AM) Reply
This is truly a work of art! I, too, wouldn't have given this pattern a second look. Your fabric is fascinating and the color turned out gorgeous. Great job all around!
VivianZ said... (8/23/13 10:36 AM) Reply
You have such a knack for style. This fabric, dyed, and this pattern are a perfect combo. The fabric has such a large design, it would be hard to find a pattern to compliment it as well as this. Thanks for a great and detailed review, including ways to alter the design for your fabric.
calmfish said... (8/23/13 10:10 AM) Reply
So pretty! Your version is much cuter than the pattern envelope.
CypGrl said... (8/23/13 10:02 AM) Reply
How pretty on you -- especially with those red glasses!
marec said... (8/23/13 10:00 AM) Reply
Fabulous on you Barbara. Your addition of the invisible zip is cool, as well as dyeing the fabric to tone the red. I love your result!!
Patti B said... (8/23/13 10:00 AM) Reply
What a wonderful dress. I like your subtle changes -- that's why we sew, isn't it? This is a fun pattern.
SewWil said... (8/23/13 9:58 AM) Reply
This dress has so much going for it. Love your choice of fabric. Great review!
Sue Parrott said... (8/23/13 8:03 AM) Reply
Just adorable! I love your version so much more than the pattern envelope! I may have to make this up now after seeing yours!
CissieW said... (8/23/13 7:23 AM) Reply
What a darling dress! I wouldn't have looked twice at this pattern until I saw your dress. All of the details make it truly special. And as always, your work is perfection.
Rebecca D said... (8/23/13 6:42 AM) Reply
Gorgeous rendition of this dress! Thanks for a fantastic review. Love those red dots.
Heatherrique said... (8/23/13 3:17 AM) Reply
I adore what you did with this pattern to create a very attractive dress! The colors and details along with your alterations adds lots of interest and panache. You look fantastic in this, Barbara!
mm said... (8/23/13 2:14 AM) Reply
I have been contemplating this dress for summer. Your version is lovely.
mnitts said... (8/23/13 2:13 AM) Reply
Very pretty and love that you dyed the fabric to make it work for you.
Amanda.Claire said... (8/22/13 9:19 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress! I absolutely love all the detail too and the fabric is so perfect for this pattern. Amazing again!
margy.64 said... (8/22/13 9:03 PM) Reply
Great detailed review. Love all the surprising details, the dying of your fabric and your sewing is perfect. This dress looks wonderful on you too.
Renata said... (8/22/13 8:45 PM) Reply
Your version is so perfect, I love it, the colour, the fabric, the accessories. What a great idea to dye the white fabric, must remember that. This is my favourite dress ATM. Whilst it has a billow-ey shape I found it is surprisingly flattering and very comfortable to wear.
Twinset said... (8/22/13 8:39 PM) Reply
Beautiful and charming! I noticed this fabric at Marcy Tilton but was perplexed about how to put it to its best use - I think you used it in a very smart way.
KathySews said... (8/22/13 8:26 PM) Reply
Love the dress. Great review. Nice solution to dye the fabric, I am not a fan of white either
grays08 said... (8/22/13 8:17 PM) Reply
You did such a great job with this from the dye to that beautiful red accent color, the fit and adjustments...it's all perfect for this dress. It looks great on you and love your shoes and accessories...too perfect! = )
carolynw said... (8/22/13 7:48 PM) Reply
Absolutely fabulous - looks great on you. Thanks for such a detailed review
Rhoda K said... (8/22/13 7:25 PM) Reply
A great summer dress - beautiful job.
style inspired said... (8/22/13 7:19 PM) Reply
Lovely dress for hot summer days!
Adaire said... (8/22/13 7:06 PM) Reply
I have to have sleeves at my age but love this pattern.
sew2little said... (8/22/13 6:52 PM) Reply
Fabulous. Truly. I love this dress already, and yours is wonderful and looks great on you. Thanks for your detail about the zipper. Finding the right length separating zipper has been no easy task, so your solution is a good one.

Burda 8860