Online Sewing Class: Fit the Tee to a T

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1352 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:twilltape

Last Updated:8/23/13 1:07 AM

Boho Banjo art to wear

pdf sewing patterns

Nenewhis said... (5/11/14 11:18 AM) Reply
Thank you for your helpful review. My daughter is in the process of making this and we were both a little taken stumped with the sleeve construction. Crossing our fingers that it isn't too big either!
AuntieShel said... (10/13/13 9:49 AM) Reply
Your dress is so pretty!! Thanks for reviewing and for the tip on the sizing. I thought Vogue's pic looked like this dress was falling off the model and I'm sure they made a very small size. Then I read that you normally make a 14 and went down to an 8. Will definitely keep that in mind if I make this dress and I have never worn a Vogue size 8, not even when I was a skinny teenager! Thank you for a great review.
STARG said... (8/23/13 5:57 PM) Reply
Thanks for the great review!
evelynhughes said... (8/23/13 5:05 PM) Reply
Ohhh that fabric is totally gorgeous. Thanks do much for providing all this detail on the pattern. It's very helpful. Your version turned out great and how could it not such a fab print.
VivianZ said... (8/23/13 10:49 AM) Reply
I like your finished dress. Whatever difficulty you had and the additions of stabilizers make the end result very attractive.
marec said... (8/23/13 10:06 AM) Reply
What a lovely dress! The neckline is really pretty and looks complicated. Thanks for the info on the sleeves-yes, I agree with you=lazy instructions. Well done and very, very cute.
MamaSewing said... (8/23/13 9:32 AM) Reply
I looked at this pattern several times but dismissed it b/c it looked like way too much fabric but I love what you did with it!
WinkyBlinky said... (8/23/13 6:11 AM) Reply
That's a great fabric for that dress. Aren't you glad you made an 8? Could you imagine cutting into your silk jersey to come out with a sack? This turned out great though! Thanks for your review!
twilltape said... (8/23/13 1:09 AM) Reply
Hi BJHM! I've edited to add a link to the offending instructions as well as a photo of my sleeve insertion. Hope it helps! And thank you all for lovely comments. I'm really pretty happy with it overall- just a few minor quibbles!
nicegirl said... (8/22/13 10:29 AM) Reply
Good for you for not letting your fabric get Too Good to Use! Reading through, I can see the pattern has issues but they really don't show in your completed dress. It's gorgeous!
margy.64 said... (8/22/13 5:19 AM) Reply
Despite your misgivings on this pattern, you have created a very pretty dress.
BJHM said... (8/22/13 4:42 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review! You and and the silk jersey both look lovely. When you get a chance, could you please elaborate specifically your issues with the pattern's sleeves or directions? THANK YOU again!

by: WinterQuee...