|Jalie: 3246 (Shawl-Collar Shrug) - Type:Coordinates |
|Viewed 219 times
||4 more reviews|
Review rated Helpful
by 1 people Very Helpful
by 4 people
|About grays08 |
|Member since: 9/13/11 |
|Reviews written: 87|
|Favored by: 28 people|
|patterns reviewed: 86|
|Posted on:||8/22/13 2:32 PM |
|Last Updated:||8/22/13 2:38 PM|
|Pattern Size:||Plus-Sized Regular |
Jalie Pattern Info
More Info provided by grays08
|Pattern Rating:||Easy & Great for Beginners |
|See other patterns in this category: Dresses Accessories |
|Available for sale on PR: $12.75 (See envelope) |
|Fabric:||Cotton Jersey [See other projects in this fabric]|
|Related Links |
|Click on to add a link|
|Pattern Description: |
A: Scoopneck (both back and front sides) maxi dress with binded armholes and neckline B: Long-sleeved shrug with shawl collar
I made view B which is the fitted shrug/bolero. (This was to go with view A that I also made and am wearing in the photos)
Sizes 12 month to size 22. I made a size V based on my full bust measurement and unlike view A, view B was spot-on sizing and ease-wise, hooray! Note the sleeves are meant to be fitted on this.
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
Yes although there isn't a good picture from the front.
Were the instructions easy to follow?
Yes but a couple of things to mention that were vague.
- When sewing the sleeves, sew up to the notch and stop
- When attaching the band to the collar, stitch both sides of band to collar
- When folding the band wrong sides together, this is folding the entire band/collar piece in half - the picture is misleading as the top of the collar picture should be depicted as a fold. It almost looks unfolded implying you don't fold this too which is impossible since you attached it to the band.
- Jalie forgot to tell you to hem the sleeves despite allocating hem allowance and showing it illustrated in the pictures already done
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
- Only three, well drafted pieces and makes for a very fast sew.
- None other than Jalie goofing up and leaving off the step to hem your sleeves!
A decent cotton spandex jersey knit from Girl Charlee. I used this same fabric for the bindings on view A when I made it so made sense to make the matching bolero out of the rest of the fabric. I squeezed it out of 3/4 yard (60") but had to make adjustments in order to pull it off.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
- When cutting I had to shorten the ends of the collar by 1/8", but to compensate, I lengthened the bands by the same amount. This meant my side seams don't match up exactly, but the best compromise I could make given my short yardage available on this.
- I hemmed the sleeves, turning under 1" which still made them plenty long (passed wrist onto hand slightly).
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
I love this bolero. It's so simple, but it will allow me to get more usage out of my tank dress in the cooler months and even wear it in the A/C during the summer. This is a well drafted, clever little pattern and is why I love Jalie!
|Buy this pattern for $12.75 Add to Bag |