Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6519 (Misses' Unlined Jacket, Top, Dress, Skirt and Pants)

Reviewed by:grays08

About grays08starstarstar
IL USA
Member since: 9/13/11
Posted on:8/27/13 1:56 PM
Last Updated:8/27/13 2:01 PM

McCall's: 6519 by grays08  McCall's: 6519 by grays08
See other patterns in this category: Dresses    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Pants    Skirts
knitgirl16 said... (5/21/14 6:58 AM) Reply
Picture perfect, your dress is nicer than the one on the model. I love your pink swirls.
cocosloft said... (8/28/13 8:15 AM) Reply
So very pretty, I love your fabric. All the time and effort spent really shows, it looks very finished. Thanks for all the tips.
Barbara V said... (8/28/13 0:37 AM) Reply
Very cute dress and fabric that looks great on you! One would never know about the fussy areas by looking at your lovely finished result as you found the perfect solutions to some tricky spots. I too love this wrap dress style with lapel type collar.
Sue Parrott said... (8/27/13 10:15 PM) Reply
Wow, I really do like your dress but understand about patterns being overly fussy! It looks pretty and summery!
JuliN said... (8/27/13 9:53 PM) Reply
The collar is what drew me. It looks just flawless. Thanks for sharing.
Sew Passionista said... (8/27/13 8:19 PM) Reply
Well,your hard work shows because this is a fabulous looking dress.
cleverkitty said... (8/27/13 7:55 PM) Reply
So pretty on you, I'm really liking this pattern the dress looks like it can be made from a woven too, I like the skirt also on this pattern thanks for bringing to my attention. Good idea on lining the next one, I find that's my preferred way to ditch the facings along with binding but for this dress it sounds like lining would be the way to go, don't you love that coverstitch!!! great review I will refer back to it when I make this pattern :)
liliv said... (8/27/13 7:02 PM) Reply
I love this! The print, the collar, the wrap style...all very pretty!
MrsCharisma said... (8/27/13 4:01 PM) Reply
I found the jacket in this pattern extremely fussy and quit it. I love the top - love it. Despite your frustration, your dress came out beautifully. It fits you really nicely too AND the fabric is nice. Just a win all around!
SewWil said... (8/27/13 3:13 PM) Reply
Very pretty dress! I've been wondering about this pattern and am glad for your review. I like the lapel collar a lot.
Aixoise said... (8/27/13 2:13 PM) Reply
Your review is really helpful, with many of the tips applicable to other patterns. Despite your issues with the pattern, your results are stunning. Great dress!
ArtAttack said... (8/27/13 2:11 PM) Reply
Really cute dress and the time you put in shows... I like the lapel type collar, as well. VH review, too!

Understanding Wool Fabrics