Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6730

Posted on:8/14/02 4:38 AM
Last Updated:11/29/06 4:24 AM

See other patterns in this category: Coordinates    Loungewear
Dale C said... (11/24/02 2:53 PM) Reply
Hi Teri. For tops, I slice horizontally across the top patterns at the upper chest and between the bust and waist. Sometimes, if the top will be a long fitted one, I'll slice between the waist and hip as well. Then I shorten them according to my measurements. Hope that helps.
Sandra said... (11/24/02 2:06 PM) Reply
Dale, those are beautiful! I like what you did with them with respect to the tapering. They're really pretty on you.
Tee Jay said... (11/24/02 11:37 AM) Reply
Dale,( I'm a different Teri,) Would you quickly tell me what your petite adjustment is for a top? My backwaist is 14 1/2". Your clothes always inspire me.
said... (9/8/02 8:19 AM) Reply
Absolutely edible color!!!!
said... (8/17/02 10:37 PM) Reply
Hi Dale: I have this pattern, but have never made it. Never thought about making it in slinky. Yours looks so much nicer than the pattern drawing. Fantastic!!
said... (8/17/02 9:35 PM) Reply
Two gorgeous outfits, plus a very detailed and helpful review. I also really enjoyed looking at your website - the matching kid and chihuahau outfits are outrageously cute!
said... (8/15/02 1:01 AM) Reply
Dale, wonderful outfit and great review. Thanks for the tips
said... (8/14/02 9:18 PM) Reply
An advantage of slinky is that it does not unravel easily. So it does not really need serged seams. Once I got used to the "slinky" nature of slinky, I found it very easy to sew with!
said... (8/14/02 3:43 PM) Reply
Thanks all! Slinky is tricky to sew on. I haven't tried to use my serger on it since the regular machine does well. And yes, Skymom, the neckline has a facing. It was a bit tricky to put in because of the stretch. Teri, it's pretty humid and hot here, and I think I'll make a tank top out of Slinky. But this is fairly comfy in hot weather too. Marita, leaf imprints are in a cream color.
said... (8/14/02 2:49 PM) Reply
Wow, Dale! That is just a beautiful outfit! Gotta run -- rushing out to get this pattern! Thanks for the review. What a pretty fabric, too.
said... (8/14/02 2:05 PM) Reply
Slinky is quite a nice fabric, if you don't sweat easily, but otherwise it's fantastic, easy to wear and easy to care, very goodlooking outfit Dale, is the leaf imprint in white or ....?
said... (8/14/02 1:17 PM) Reply
Really cute! I haven't tried Slinky yet, but it is on sale at my favorite fabric store. Is it comfy to wear in the warm weather and humidity?
said... (8/14/02 12:57 PM) Reply
The Coordinate you sew looks better than the photo pattern is...Congratulations
said... (8/14/02 11:36 AM) Reply
It looks even better than the envelope! Great fabric and good tips about the neckline and the zipper.
said... (8/14/02 11:31 AM) Reply
Dale, this is really cute! Nice to hear that you worked out the cover stitch diff. feed so you got the effect you were looking for. I haven't serged slinky yet, but wondered if it would be too stretchy. Does the top have a facing around the neckline? It looks very neat.

by: HRigg