Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5354

Member since: 11/3/11
Posted on:9/1/13 1:45 PM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
Jstarr4250 said... (9/3/13 11:30 PM) Reply
Really pretty. I keep wanting to make this pattern but never seem to get around to it!
Danmar said... (9/3/13 10:00 AM) Reply
sewingcanary said... (9/2/13 9:58 PM) Reply
Cute top! - Without seeing the pattern and instructions I canít tell for certain, but I think the rolling forward thing with the neck is most likely caused from them having you sew the tucks too straight. If they had a slight taper - where they taper in toward the neckline, I think it would eliminate the Ďrollí forward thing. In other words, make them a smidge wider at the neckline; tapering to a bit narrower at the end of the stitching - sort of like the way a dart gets narrower, except they are tucks and and not as extreme as a dart. Hope this makes sense. Also, the amount of the stretch could make a huge difference as to how the neckline lies. A hidden running stitch on the backside of the neckline hem could be used to ease some of the extra fabric at the neckís edge a bit. Or, if thereís room in the narrow hem, you could run a small elastic cord through it like itís a casing. Iíve done that along the back neckline of several of my wider neck Tees. It pulls the neck in a smidge, doesnít show and helps keep the shirts from sliding off my shoulder. The same principle could work on the rolling forward issue. IMO, the Ďtediousí tucks had a great pay off. I love it.
Bendy said... (9/1/13 2:25 PM) Reply
It looks great! I'm putting this pattern on my wish list now that I've seen your success.