Pattern Reviews> Marfy> 2631

Posted on:8/29/13 8:15 PM
Last Updated:8/29/13 8:25 PM

Sweater knit fabrics

Re Becca said... (9/3/13 10:39 AM) Reply
Wonderful, casual dress. The length is perfect for a summer maxi skirt. As for sizing, I have found them to be pretty consistent with only an inch or two of ease in the bust, and waist ease varies depending on the design. I am a 14 in McVogueErick and a 46 - 48 in Marfy.
Achallengingsew said... (9/1/13 6:17 PM) Reply
Thanks! When I order Marfy patterns I get as close to my bust and hips as possible. I find that at 5'7' I generally have to add a inch to the waist length but that the rest fits almost perfectly, a tweak here and there usually. They come with no seam allowance so I always add a couple of inches for insurance and compare my measurements as I go. Also its worth remembering that as they are a European company their ease is minimal compared to US versions. Email me if you need more info! :-)
CSY said... (8/30/13 1:17 PM) Reply
Photo looks beautiful. Could you please add info on how your measurements compared to the pattern sizing. Did you purchase according to your measurements or size up or down? thanx.
runmyworld said... (8/29/13 8:44 PM) Reply
That is beautiful! Great job. Maybe one day I will become brave enough to try a Marfy pattern.

Ottobre Design Magazine 06-2008-37

by: 21wale

Simplicity 2067

by: Lydster

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Sew Chic Starter Skirt Pattern (ln1000)

Favorite Things Sweet Es-Cape Pattern