Online Sewing Class: Fun with Fitting - PANTS

Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 02-2005-108 (Top)

Reviewed by:Patti B

About Patti Bstarstarstarstar
Member since: 9/29/02
Posted on:4/26/05 11:14 PM
Last Updated:4/27/05 9:32 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 4 people    Very Helpful by 2 people

Sweater knit fabrics

Patti B said... (4/28/05 9:52 PM) Reply
Thanks for all the kind remarks-- you are all so nice. Yes, I think I deserve one too; I'll check my leftovers and see if I need to order more. My DD drew the little face for the dressform and, no, she's not 6 yrs old!
MaryBeth said... (4/28/05 6:35 PM) Reply
Wow, that's way too cute, Patti. You've done an amazing construction job. I've only done one WOF top and it didn't seem small through the shoulders: it was a plus sized top and in fact was drafted so that it made me feel much more "plus" than I am (not a good thing)! Can you do another just for you????
PixieCat said... (4/28/05 3:10 PM) Reply
Great top and such a nice job matching the stripes. I love the look!
Danvillegirl said... (4/28/05 5:45 AM) Reply
Neat use of fabric. I love how this top looks.
drsue said... (4/27/05 3:31 PM) Reply
That's one awesome top!
Tonia Van Dyk said... (4/27/05 2:50 PM) Reply
Great Job Patti, especially with matching all those stripes! I have both of these fabrics too, and I have been eyeing this pattern for the same top! ;) Mind if I copy you?
Teri said... (4/27/05 12:36 PM) Reply
Oh, I want one:) Good job!
Sherril Miller said... (4/27/05 12:36 PM) Reply
Great fabric. I love what you did with it. You'll have to order more fabric and make another for yourself. BTW Thanks for the smiling face, you know how I like to see that. ;D
SandraB said... (4/27/05 11:38 AM) Reply
Your top looks great Patti. Yours looks better than the magazine picture.
Melody said... (4/27/05 10:58 AM) Reply
That's a great top. You did such an impeccable job matching those stripes, I thought the fabric came like that. Your daughter will love it.
PegL said... (4/27/05 10:12 AM) Reply
Patti, love the top!!! Great job on construction too -- the stripes and neck look fantastic!
Frogstitcher said... (4/27/05 8:42 AM) Reply
Patti, I love your top. I too am a black and white fan and your top is so cute. Fantastic job lining up those stripes and the neck binding just adds to the finishing details.
cindyann said... (4/27/05 7:58 AM) Reply
I love it. I've looked at that pattern several times and you have a great looking top here. Hope DD enjoys it.
Stacy Sews said... (4/27/05 7:50 AM) Reply
Wonderful looking top, great job.
Katie Pizzo said... (4/27/05 7:46 AM) Reply
Cute top, love the use of black and white. I have narrow shoulders and have one dd with same and don't find Burda to be any narrower than other patterns. I wonder if the close fit is intended for a two way stretch and the shoulder is narrower because of this. I have noticed rtw with 2way stretch to have this feature. They give the shoulder measurement in the chart for all the sizes so you could compare.
BjP said... (4/27/05 7:44 AM) Reply
Patti, I also love black and white and think your top looks fantastic!
JDpenelope said... (4/27/05 7:40 AM) Reply
Very fashion-forward! Must remember the walking foot when matching stripes--yours couldn't be better. I just ordered a trial subscription to Burda WOF and also a subscription to Burda Petites--there are so many nice reviews from them. (The magazine is carried only in one store in Kansas City (Cy Rudnick's) and I'm told they sell out quickly as soon as they arrive.)
valerie sews said... (4/27/05 7:29 AM) Reply
Beautiful top. Why not get more fabric and do a perfected version for yourself?
jlg said... (4/27/05 5:30 AM) Reply
What a great job matching those stripes. I love this top.
els said... (4/27/05 4:11 AM) Reply
Impecable stripes sewn top, a petty the top is narrow for your shoulders.
Ingiepops said... (4/27/05 1:46 AM) Reply
I agree, such a great top! It's so hard to find the right stripey fabric when you need it too! (I love the little face on your dress-dummy; very cute.)
Marita Kinnula said... (4/27/05 0:20 AM) Reply
Patti, it looks too good, congrats!!! and good luck with the second one.
Annika said... (4/27/05 0:07 AM) Reply
Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous anyway!
sewywabbit said... (4/26/05 11:38 PM) Reply
Too bad about the shoulder fit, as this is a very cute top, which would be so perfect with white pants. I hope you have enough for a retry.
touran said... (4/26/05 11:24 PM) Reply
That is such a fun top. I didn't know the fabric was available. I think you did a fantastic job lining up all the lines.

Butterick 5153 OOP