Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8817 (Misses Top)

Reviewed by:JillyBe

About JillyBestarstarstar
Member since: 1/20/10
Posted on:9/2/13 11:46 PM
Last Updated:9/3/13 0:32 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
shazam410 said... (11/26/14 2:51 AM) Reply
Lovely job! Great everything...colors, fabric choice, color blocking and a beautiful combination on you!!
knitgirl16 said... (5/21/14 1:50 PM) Reply
Looks great on you. Looks very trendy. I am a big fan of the color way and your creative fabric selections.
DorothyK said... (9/9/13 11:25 AM) Reply
Jilly, I just realized that I hadn't posted a comment. I love your top, colors and all. As unusual your amazing creativity shows in everything you make.
JillyBe said... (9/4/13 8:55 PM) Reply
lol Martha - do you need a hiccup cure? ;-) BTW, I unabashedly stole the dress idea from Dorothy - her versions of this pattern really inspired me!
marthamyers said... (9/4/13 7:22 PM) Reply
Looks great on you, Jilly! This one is gathering dust in my sewing room but you have shown that I need to dust it off. And, as a dress? Great idea!
JillyBe said... (9/4/13 1:21 PM) Reply
Thank you for the lovely comments, everyone :) I'm starting to see the color combo through everyone else's eyes now & liking it more lol! KathB the pants pattern is V8712 - my Marcy Tilton go-to comfy pants.
Jstarr4250 said... (9/3/13 11:12 PM) Reply
Lovely! Your mix of fabrics is terrific.
mmcp said... (9/3/13 6:50 PM) Reply
I think there should be some kind of award to the person who figures out why these patterns are designed to be enormous. They should do a petite version for all of the rest of us. Congrats on the fix, it turned out beautifully.
KathB said... (9/3/13 6:49 PM) Reply
Fab fit and fabric choices! I love the entire look: fresh and fun. Did you make the pants? Which pattern?
Ejegmama said... (9/3/13 2:03 PM) Reply
I love the stripes I would copy that exactly.
carolynw said... (9/3/13 11:23 AM) Reply
Lovely top - definitely not your run of the mill tee!
cleverkitty said... (9/3/13 10:08 AM) Reply
Jillian thank-you for the heads up on size, I have this pattern and DD keeps asking why I have not made this already. I love your version and only hope mine will look this good. I thought your fabric combo was MOST creative and that was before I read you were not entirely sold on it, now I'm thinking WoW your good and you don't know it LOL thanks for inspiring :)
Lori V said... (9/3/13 6:56 AM) Reply
Very pretty top, the colors and fabric are gorgeous.
Danvillegirl said... (9/3/13 5:19 AM) Reply
Very pretty tunic top!
cocosloft said... (9/3/13 4:52 AM) Reply
What a fun pretty top! Love all your fabric choices, can't wait to see a dress from this.
marec said... (9/3/13 1:03 AM) Reply
This is really great on you! I like the fit and think this is very flattering. Your plans to make a dress from this pattern are interesting-I believe I will steal your idea :-)
Barbara V said... (9/3/13 0:42 AM) Reply
Very pretty top Jillian! I love the fabric combinations going from black/gray/white fabrics on top to black/blue strip at the bottom. Nice job too on the fitting adjustments. You look great!

You Sew Girl 90mm Barrel Purse Pattern