Online Sewing Class: Put it on the Bias
JStern Womens Jeans and JStern Misses Jeans">Blueprints to Blue Jeans Online Sewing Class

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2634

Reviewed by:Handshake

About Handshakestar
UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 7/19/13
Posted on:9/4/13 12:24 PM
Last Updated:9/5/13 5:24 AM

threaddy said... (9/6/13 11:19 PM) Reply
Very good looking! I have this patterna and just the perfect fabric. I really appreciate your input!
PammyC said... (9/5/13 12:07 PM) Reply
I made this shirt and really liked it, too. Your version is making me want to break that pattern out again for another go.
NJcowgirl said... (9/5/13 10:57 AM) Reply
beautifully done.
Handshake said... (9/5/13 5:27 AM) Reply
Many thanks for all the compliments! Freya, I've taken out the V as suggested. sewing canary, I was so keen to get the review up that I didn't iron the shirt again before the photo was taken. Katey, I'm glad someone else found the collar too large when they made it.
Katey said... (9/4/13 11:18 PM) Reply
I have also made this shirt and I usually trim the collar size down to 2.5". This blouse looks great though!
mm said... (9/4/13 7:31 PM) Reply
A crisp white shirt. I like it.
sewingcanary said... (9/4/13 6:16 PM) Reply
Nice shirt! Current styles seem to be for very short sleeves. I prefer them a bit longer too. You’ve mentioned a few changes you’d make next time. Might I suggest you lower the bust dart about an inch? Or you could do a not too large full bust adjustment. I think it would fit smoother if you did and eliminate the fold near the bottom of the armhole. Ideally, the dart should aim for the apex of your bust, ending an inch or so from it - more for larger sizes. The dart location is probably why the pattern’s pocket seemed so high too. Looks like you have a nice basic pattern to go with though. Cheers to your next!
FreyaStark said... (9/4/13 5:21 PM) Reply
A fine effort. (If you edited your review to drop the V before the pattern number, more reviews would be visible, which would be interesting and helpful for readers.)
nancy2001 said... (9/4/13 3:13 PM) Reply
Handshake, your blouse turned out beautifully!!
nancy2001 said... (9/4/13 3:13 PM) Reply
Handshake, your blouse turned out beautifully!!
carolynw said... (9/4/13 2:21 PM) Reply
Nice looking blouse - a good white blouse is always a great addition. This is my TNT pattern

Understanding Interfacings
Understanding Interfacings

by: ButtonFait...

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Petite Plus V202 VHS

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)