Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Safari Sam Overshirt (Safari Sam Overshirt)

Reviewed by:clothingengineer

About clothingengineerstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/7/10
Posted on:9/4/13 2:38 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
StyleArc: Safari Sam Overshirt by clothingengineer StyleArc: Safari Sam Overshirt by clothingengineer
Levone said... (9/6/13 8:30 AM) Reply
Lovely shirt!
cleverkitty said... (9/5/13 9:10 AM) Reply
Wonderful shirt and details ;)
2 Airedales n Me said... (9/5/13 1:20 AM) Reply
This is one of my favorite Style Arc patterns - having been in a "sort of military" occupation (policing) I'm very used to epaulettes and love them in shirts. Your version is great and looks so nice on you. Really glad you wrote this review. Thanks.
mm said... (9/4/13 7:27 PM) Reply
What a great shirt. I don't think the line drawing does it justice but your rendition certainly does.
sewingcanary said... (9/4/13 5:53 PM) Reply
Nice Shirt! I am a shirt lover, partly because the yoke and bodice tucks give extra room across the back. If you made it again, instead of putting in a back seam, you could eliminate the tuck and put in two vertical darts if you want more shaping. It would probably be more comfortable than having the back centre seam, and easier to iron if your fabric requires it. BTW, when correctly placed, the little button in the centre of the sleeve placket is there to hold the sleeve up when rolled. I learned that from men's wear. I never quite understood it until I had a shirt with properly located tiny buttons. Cheers to your next.
persevering said... (9/4/13 5:27 PM) Reply
Hi, it is incredible for me to see your beautiful shirt. Here I am berating myself since I haven't sewed in a long long time ... scared because I don't have experience fitting.. in the past, having made up patterns, exactly following the pattern... doing no fitting. Now some decades later, my old shirt still fits (more ease then, I guess) and if I stitch it, I'll certainly gain more confidence - you see my decades old shirt is very much like this pattern, epaulettes, same pockets, only difference is the collar is a little lower in the front and the shoulders are dropped more ... otherwise the same back, yoke, back pleat and all! Thank you for posting your sewing ... I love everything I see of yours!
Dee2 said... (9/4/13 3:14 PM) Reply
What a great classic shirt--love the way it looks w/the slim pants. The color is so pretty too!
Re Becca said... (9/4/13 3:05 PM) Reply
Love it! The cut is very slimming and it looks so comfy. I'll make a note about the long sleeves.

by: Jstarr4250