Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1818 (Misses' Costume)

Work in Progress Work in Progress
Reviewed by:shanntarra

About shanntarrastarstar
TX USA
Member since: 3/19/09
Skill level:Expert/Couture
Posted on:9/6/13 2:22 PM
Last Updated:9/20/13 5:49 PM
See other patterns in this category: Costumes
Available for sale on PR: $3.99 $17.95 Pattern Details
Available for sale on PR: $3.99 $17.95 Pattern Details

SewFine said... (10/21/15 4:14 PM) Reply
I am doing the same measurements and I have similar proportions (though not quite as slim anymore) as your actress. I noticed that the bodice front piece is labeled that there is 2" ease at the waist but 4 1/2" ease at the bust. Reading the instructions for the breast pads, how you're supposed to try the bodice on and "add and subtract layers of padding as needed," I believe that the bodice was cut to create the illusion of a snugly corseted waist by increasing the bust with padding -- that, along with the boning and the angled shape. I'm planning to cut my bodice as a size 12 based on my upper chest measurement, what I would be if I wore a B instead of a DD, and see whether the added design ease through the bust makes enough room for my Big Girls if I skip the booby pads. Only the muslin will tell for sure. Good luck with your dress!
SewFine replied...(10/21/15 4:14 PM)
I meant that I'm doing the same DRESS, not the same measurements... Apparently I can't think and type at the same time... :-)
Adaire said... (9/20/13 5:53 PM) Reply
Oh dear! You are truly remarkable to take on such a difficult project. Good luck!