Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4539 (misses knit tops)

Reviewed by:drsue

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 9 people

Just Make it Sew

Quality Fashion Fabrics

Hilary said... (5/6/05 3:43 PM) Reply
I just now saw this review- I think this looks great on you! I love the neckline, you're right- it's very flattering. thanks for the tip on attaching it!
KarenP said... (5/1/05 6:04 PM) Reply
That t-shirt looks fantastic on you! The color and the shape of the v are very flattering.
Debbie Spriggs said... (5/1/05 1:00 PM) Reply
The cap sleeves work well on your petite figure. Cute tee!
debbie.w said... (5/1/05 12:51 PM) Reply
Tini said... (5/1/05 11:37 AM) Reply
thanks for the review. I love the shirt on you :) great colour
Rennie Ashby said... (5/1/05 8:52 AM) Reply
I really like your Tee!
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (5/1/05 8:50 AM) Reply
Very nice! Your neckline looks great. Thanks for the reminder to refer back to my old but trusty "Stretch and Sew Guide to Knits" book by Ann Person. That is an excellent book.
AnneM said... (5/1/05 8:47 AM) Reply
Your top came out nicely.
Katharine in BXL said... (5/1/05 3:29 AM) Reply
Nice summer top! Thanks for the lapped neckline instructions. Yours are quite clear w/o illustrations :)
ChrisK said... (5/1/05 2:17 AM) Reply
drsue, I took a look at the photo before I opened the review and my very first thoughts were 'what nice cap sleeves.'
Jan B. said... (4/30/05 10:53 PM) Reply
Great fit and color on you.
JDpenelope said... (4/30/05 9:49 PM) Reply
Top fits nicely and the small sleeves look trendy on you. This pattern is interesting, but I am warned about the instructions!
Jennifer shaw said... (4/30/05 8:25 PM) Reply
Your top is such a great color and style for you, Sue! Thanks for the informative review and the added information on the neckline. Great, now that I have not gone to a fabric store for awhile, I want to get this pattern too!
Vonnevo said... (4/30/05 8:17 PM) Reply
drsue, top looks super good and the sleeves look great on you..just the right balance. Thanks for your easy,detailed instructions on doing the lapped V neck..I always struggle a little with that.
Karla Kizer said... (4/30/05 8:14 PM) Reply
Sue, it looks great. The fit looks wonderful, and I know that's something you aren't always happy with. KEEP THIS PATTERN!
Teri said... (4/30/05 7:33 PM) Reply
Sue, your top looks great. I also think the sleeves look terrific on you:)
Sherril Miller said... (4/30/05 7:09 PM) Reply
Nice T-shirt. I think I have those instructions in a magazine somewhere. Now to find it.
drsue said... (4/30/05 7:02 PM) Reply
Irina: You could surely do the lapped band on the Jaile tee. It would probably be a bit less deep of a V, unless you took off some of the neckline seam allowance.
PVA said... (4/30/05 6:57 PM) Reply
I think this top looks great on you! The small cap-sleeves look good on you, on me they would be comical! I do like the lapped v-neck finish -- I made it from S&S instructions back when S&S was really hot/new stuff! Thanks for the review. I'm sure you're going to get a lot of mileage out of this pattern!
CarolynGM said... (4/30/05 6:44 PM) Reply
Very cute top -- I rather like the sleeves on you. I have the Ann Person book you referenced so I looked up the technique. I can see why you need illustrations to do it. Your neckline turned out great -- do you think the lapped V would work on the Jalie tee?
bunz said... (4/30/05 6:43 PM) Reply
Thanks, Doc, for a very thorough review. Top looks great on you, BTW.
Patti B said... (4/30/05 6:28 PM) Reply
Very cute top, Sue! I'll dig around for my S&S book ... I know it's in there somewhere. Thanks for the tip.
jlg said... (4/30/05 6:19 PM) Reply
Sue, I like your top on you. When I've seen these little cap sleeves, I've always avoided them, but I think that they look good on you. Before I read the review, I thought I'll have to try those sleeves. It's funny that you're not sure about them. Very helpful review.
Pattern Work