Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1607 (Misses Dress)

Reviewed by:lqtang

About lqtangstar
Member since: 5/31/13
Posted on:9/13/13 7:09 PM
Last Updated:9/14/13 1:17 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 4 people
robvi said... (4/23/14 0:03 AM) Reply
I think you look darling and considering this pattern for work office for the summer!! Thanks for the skirt idea!!
duckydubz said... (12/9/13 6:35 PM) Reply
This is exactly how i want to alter my dress to look like. Do you suggest doing the circle skirt instead of the gathered pattern it came with?
lqtang said... (9/17/13 2:19 AM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! :) AuntieShel, I actually do think the neckline is a little uncomfortably high. Another reason I'd want to make the straps thinner if I did it again! But then, I never wear turtle necks, for example, because I hate feeling any kind of constraint near my throat. So I might be an extreme case.
PriorPatterns said... (9/14/13 2:10 PM) Reply
Very pretty- I especially love the piping and how it picks up the colour in the fabric.
merteuil said... (9/14/13 12:26 PM) Reply
Very pretty, unique dress! I like your idea to eliminate the drop waist.
PammyC said... (9/14/13 4:48 AM) Reply
It's very cute on you, even the pattern was messed up. Has an appealingly edgy look.
SewLibra said... (9/14/13 0:55 AM) Reply
Your dress is cool and I have to say that I love to see and hear about young people sewing. You are the future of design! The fact that you made so many changes and did not give up is commendable. Keep up the good work even if you are not completely happy with the result, in the end you will gain so much experience.
AuntieShel said... (9/14/13 0:27 AM) Reply
Love this pattern and your drss is adorable!!!Do you find the neck is too high/uncomfortable? That is the only thing keeping me from taking the plunge!
sunnysewing said... (9/13/13 8:51 PM) Reply
It is very beautiful, even with all the challenges :)

by: olgarosita