Pattern Reviews> Sewaholic Patterns> 1202 (Cambie Dress)

Reviewed by:tiadia

Sewaholic Patterns: 1202 by tiadia
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people

Other Projects by tiadia using this Pattern

prostheticsgirl said... (9/16/13 9:01 AM) Reply
This is such a lovely shape on you and a wonderful fit! I agree that more versions are in order.
sewingcanary said... (9/14/13 8:29 PM) Reply
Sorry I cannot make paragraphs for some reason. I came back to add a PS and donít see the comments I made earlier. Perhaps I need to reboot my computer??? Hope I didnít waste the whole afternoon. YES, I LOVE batiks, however Iíve never noticed a particular waxy odor to them. Perhaps the apron I just cut out. Itís stiff from the wax. However, I havenít done much sewing for a while (trying to get back into it and use up my old fabric) and our choices are very limited now. At $22-25 per metre, I donít even want to look at batik unless itís on sale. We have Fabricland. At least they improved and have some decent stuff now. They were dreadful for years. Fannieís closed years ago. Walmart had a nice section but you had to watch for tears, defects and off prints. They got rid of fabric 3 or so years ago and have recently brought in some cheap crappy cottons and flannel in 1 yd. packages. Thereís a fairly new quilting shop if you want cottons. We have a Michaels for high price odds and ends like embroider threads and scissors. Today I learned FL is getting rid of all Simplicity and New Look. No restocks. Theyíre on sale. They had issues with the supplier or something. When I discovered Sewaholic on pattern review I was gung-go to support Cdn business but Iím as far from pear shape as you can get. AnywayÖ I love your dress. I like the neck you thought youíd hate. You did a great job with your adjustments and I was SO pleased to see an even hem!!! I can hardly stay away from this website since I discovered it. Btw, Iím in Kamloops, BC.
sewingcanary said... (9/14/13 5:36 PM) Reply
Yep, youíve got a winner! Great adjustments, and perfect even hem. Nice job! Itís good to see a pattern line for pear people even those Iím so far from being a pear Iíd have to turn all the pieces upside down. LOL.
NC Carol said... (9/14/13 5:08 PM) Reply
Ohhh! Pretty!
marec said... (9/14/13 4:44 PM) Reply
Yes, this pattern line is made for those of us with these types of curves. I love your dress, and think it is a perfect shape for you. Isn't it a nice pattern?

BurdaStyle Magazine 10-2012-119