Pattern Reviews> Deer&Doe> Blouse Datura (Blouse Datura)

Reviewed by:carrie18584

Deer&Doe: Blouse Datura by carrie18584  Deer&Doe: Blouse Datura by carrie18584
SewWil said... (9/17/13 11:21 PM) Reply
Very pretty top!
HRigg said... (9/16/13 12:57 PM) Reply
Lovely top. Lovely colour. Thanks for the review.
carrie18584 said... (9/16/13 12:46 PM) Reply
Thanks everyone! @dinagideon: I typically wear size 4/6 in tops and my bust is ~35 and I made a 38. Here is a link to their size chart (http://boutique.deer-and-doe.fr/5--sizing.html) @sewlibra: I forgot to comment on the buttons! They're completely for the design and the top easily slips on without unbuttoning them, which in my case is impossible because I was lazy and sewed the buttons on through both sides! So yes, I think this top could be made from a knit but you might need to play with the pattern since it has darts and gets some of it's floaty nature from the stiffness of the woven fabrics recommended.
Baja Susana said... (9/16/13 10:38 AM) Reply
Love the fabric! And it has nice details that saves it from being a ho hum blouse. It looks lovely on you.
Danvillegirl said... (9/16/13 6:46 AM) Reply
Very nice!
margy.64 said... (9/16/13 5:06 AM) Reply
Very pretty blouse. Love the fabric and all those special details. Great job on making your own bias tape. That's something I have yet to try.
SewLibra said... (9/15/13 9:29 PM) Reply
I love the cut-outs and interesting back detail. Do you have to use the buttons to get it on and off? Do you think this top could be made from a knit and slipped over the head like a tee?
dinagideon said... (9/15/13 7:10 PM) Reply
I was thinking of buying this pattern! Love your version. Would you mind telling me what your typical ready to wear size is in clothing? I am usually a 4 or 6 (J. Crew/Boden) and am perplexed as to what size I would wear in their patterns. :) Thank you!
MariannaSew2Pro said... (9/15/13 6:37 PM) Reply
Oh, boyfriends... I think it's great and the back is interesting too (and not an afterthought)

by: sharondipi...