Online Sewing Class: Restyling with Exposed Zippers

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8813 (Misses' Dress )

Reviewed by:VintageTempest

About VintageTempest
Member since: 2/21/07
Posted on:9/19/13 2:01 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
Tolkenesque said... (3/31/15 8:49 PM) Reply
Amazing fabric, and perfectly used!
moushka said... (9/23/13 9:33 PM) Reply
Super combo of pattern and fabrics. If I saw it on a rack, I'd buy it :) I have the pattern in my stash; now to find a really great fabric.
Cody7 said... (9/22/13 2:11 AM) Reply
I have just bought this pattern and have been a little apprehensive to try it out as a lot of the other versions of this have been quite generous. After seeing your version I am seriously thinking of giving it a try. Thank you for the review.
sewingcanary said... (9/21/13 5:10 AM) Reply
… like I need another hole (pattern) in my head? This looks so… yummy. I adore the big pockets. It looks like a perfect hot weather dress. I have some similar rayon knit shorts. They’re great for hot evenings other than they’re a bit too stretchy. This would be wonderful in one of the open weave lawns or voile. Ah… but the geese have been flying. Winter’s on the way. Will watch for your winter version!
cocosloft said... (9/20/13 7:49 AM) Reply
Another home run! I've been considering doing this in a knit (I have one in a woven) so it's great to see yours. I really like the way it hangs. Great fabric.
sew2little said... (9/19/13 11:56 PM) Reply
Very cool dress!
VintageTempest said... (9/19/13 1:04 PM) Reply
Thank you! I was worried when I realized the fabric was a diagonal print. So had to play with the placement a bit. I did run out of fabric so I had to use a black knit I had laying around. It was on Marcy's blog that she wrote about using the gathers as your fitting tool.
Rebecca D said... (9/19/13 7:16 AM) Reply
What cool fabric. Love the idea of the tunic.
wendyrb said... (9/19/13 3:22 AM) Reply
Beautiful print and print placement for this. Thanks for your insights on the bust fit of the pattern relative to a FBA- very helpful. Enjoy your terrific dress and look forward to your winter edition. : )

Understanding Knit Fabrics