Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 04-2005-112 (Twist Top)

Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:5/1/05 10:00 PM
Last Updated:5/1/05 10:24 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 1 people
Terri Smith said... (4/22/06 11:14 PM) Reply
Thanks for the tip about the facing. This top is my next project and your top is a great example. Love the color too!
Joyfullife said... (5/2/05 11:39 PM) Reply
LoriB: I think Burda means 4-way. They state "2-way" instead of 1-way. Make sense? I think the twist of this pattern requires the 4-way.
Lori V said... (5/2/05 10:03 PM) Reply
Thanks all, I just used a 4-way thinking that was what it needed . Rennie, it is a great knit, a surprise find at J's
Rennie Ashby said... (5/2/05 9:04 AM) Reply
Wow, I would have thought that was an EOS knit. Your top is beautiful!
melgosews said... (5/2/05 8:04 AM) Reply
I really like this top in pink. I hope my second try of this pattern turns out as nice.
JDpenelope said... (5/2/05 6:52 AM) Reply
That color is fabulous and the top is beautiful. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of Burda's April issue, also.
Gigi Louis said... (5/2/05 6:51 AM) Reply
It looks great! Very pretty color.
Vonnevo said... (5/2/05 1:03 AM) Reply
Very nice :)) I love this top, more so than the Simplicity one, specially as it doesn't have a seam down the front. Ooops! In my hurry to make this top, I used a 4 way stretch and it turned out fine.
LoriB said... (5/2/05 0:50 AM) Reply
Hi from another Lori! Yours is the first review I've seen on this pattern that mentioned using 4-way stretch. I was going to make this using 4-way but was scared off by the emphasis Burda placed on using only 2-way knits. I couldn't imagine that 4-way would pose a problem. Did it? Your top looks fantastic.
Schnauzer said... (5/1/05 11:51 PM) Reply
Gorgeous top Lori and a lovely color.I'm looking forward to getting this issue of Burda soon. Thank goodness I reserve a copy as I would hate to miss this one!
PVA said... (5/1/05 10:25 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review -- your top turned out really nice. I love the color -- I'm certain you're going to enjoy wearing it.

HotPatterns Fringe T