Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 05-2002-116A (Cropped Trousers / Pants)

Viewed 2040 times

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Barbara at Cat Fur Studio said... (8/3/07 9:50 AM) Reply
Super cute.
SusiM said... (8/3/07 1:25 AM) Reply
Thanks again for such a thorough and helpful review. As always, your garment is great looking.
nicegirl said... (8/2/07 5:53 PM) Reply
Cute! I like the b&w cotton print.
cindy-lou said... (8/2/07 11:22 AM) Reply
I used this fabric too and I LOVE what you did with it here! I agree, flowy it ain't-- better for pants than a top.
mrspenguin said... (9/29/06 3:51 PM) Reply
They look like they fit so well. I've wondered about the general fit of Burda pants. Thanks for all the good info.
Danvillegirl said... (9/29/06 5:27 AM) Reply
Great fitting cropped pants. There is not flair! You look great in them.
Annika said... (11/24/03 6:40 PM) Reply
Your photo isn't working.
said... (8/17/02 1:42 AM) Reply
Mel J. you are right! Here is the Review and here is the photo of the pants I made photo
said... (8/16/02 10:07 PM) Reply
I love these! Renee, you've done a great job, thanks for sharing the review. These pants would work with Deepika's modification to put a casing and small bow... Deepika where did you explain that?
said... (8/16/02 10:22 AM) Reply
CUTE I like these pants you have done a good job on them.
said... (8/16/02 10:21 AM) Reply
Renee, Cut pants now I wish I had let my burda expire.
said... (8/16/02 4:47 AM) Reply
I like your pants too, they are goodlooking, what were you planning to wear them with? There was a nice t-shirt in the same issue #108, have you thought of that?
said... (8/16/02 2:19 AM) Reply
Wonderful pants - I will have to go check and see if I have this issue
said... (8/16/02 1:54 AM) Reply
I love this pants pattern!!!! I've been looking for something in cropped pants pattern that I can wear into the fall,,,,now does anyone know where I can get my hands on this issue of the magazine???? Help!!
said... (8/15/02 11:25 PM) Reply
Wow! Those are cute. And wouldn't you know it... after collecting so many years of Burda mags, I stopped my subscription 'cuz I ran out of space to store them! I'll have to renew it and sell my old ones :)
said... (8/15/02 8:08 PM) Reply
Renee, I love these! So fun and stylish looking, and you obviously did a great job sewing them. Now, wouldn't you know I didn't buy this issue? :-(
said... (8/15/02 6:12 PM) Reply
Renee - your craftsmanship is outstanding! The fit looks to be perfect. Did you flat-fell the seams?
said... (8/15/02 3:04 PM) Reply
Yes, there is a 7 inch invisible zipper, and then two buttons veritcally on the waistband too. Also, when I put in the invisible I tried to follow the curve of the hips more than pytting it in straight and I think it came out nicer.
said... (8/15/02 2:35 PM) Reply
THis was the only pattern I've been eying from recent issues. It looked too involved. Thanks for the review! -I may actually try it ...
said... (8/15/02 1:59 PM) Reply
ok I am confused now... there is an invisible zipper AND the buttons on side?
said... (8/15/02 1:34 PM) Reply
Sorry about the earlier posting, I had trouble with the clickable link. It's been about 5 years since I took a HTML course in college! These are the pants with an invisible zipper and a two button side closure at the hip. These really were easier to make than I thought also!
said... (8/15/02 1:29 PM) Reply
I missed this pattern when I looked through the magazine. It is very cute, and I think you will really enjoy the cropped pants style.
said... (8/15/02 1:24 PM) Reply
What a lovely pair of pants Renee! I have this issue and now I am really tempted to trace this pattern and try it myself. For some reason I thought that this pattern would be difficult to sew. Is this the one which has button closure on the side instead of zipper?
said... (8/15/02 1:19 PM) Reply
doh! never mind, i see it's may 2002. funny, over half of your review didn't show up the first time i clicked on it.
said... (8/15/02 1:17 PM) Reply
renee -- which issue is this from? i can't figure it out, and i am looking for a good pattern for cropped pants. i can't get the finished photo to work either.

by: mollymolly