Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4568 (Lizzie McGuire tops)

Reviewed by:Lori V

About Lori Vstarstarstarstar
Member since: 4/20/02
Posted on:5/1/05 10:19 PM
Last Updated:3/2/06 6:04 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 2 people
See other patterns in this category: Kids(boys & girls)
Lori Sews said... (3/2/06 8:34 PM) Reply
What pretty shirts!
Vonnevo said... (3/2/06 8:28 PM) Reply
These are lovely Lori.
Debbie Cook said... (2/17/06 8:45 AM) Reply
Lori, I missed the original review -- very cute! This top is great too. Too bad DD has blue in her mind, but I'm betting once you make the blue version, she'll love both.
Lori V said... (5/2/05 10:06 PM) Reply
Picot is pretty easy to sew. I think there is a webpage that has some great instructions. Maybe a search will turn it up.
keric said... (5/2/05 10:01 AM) Reply
Gorgeous top! My 10yo DD would absolutely love this! She's a huge Lizzie pattern fan, too! You have two very lucky DDs!!! Penelope, wanted to let you know that the Lizzie patterns do come in smaller sizes. In fact, their newest batch of patterns had several smaller sized Lizzie's. If you go to simplicity's website, look at the patterns from 3-8 or 3-16 (I think that's it). I think they even came out with toddler LMs! My 5yo loves these, and I can make them for her even though she wears a 3 in the big 4!
melgosews said... (5/2/05 8:09 AM) Reply
Adorable!!!
JDpenelope said... (5/2/05 7:05 AM) Reply
The picot elastic application turned out great! I've never used it--is it difficult to find--and sew?? I like a lot of the Lizzie McGuire patterns--though not ALL of them--but the sizing starts at 8. Perhaps I'm rushing things for dgd, who is seven and wears a smaller size...? Also, I've been wanting to use some of my EOS fabric for dgd....with some guilty feelings...but now you've given me permission!
sosoatsewing said... (5/2/05 5:54 AM) Reply
Nice looking top.
Joyfullife said... (5/1/05 11:29 PM) Reply
That is really cute! I know my 7yo would love that. Question: if you substitute a knit for a woven, isn't the resulting garment a lot larger? Yours looks perfect.

Understanding Knit Fabrics