Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5927 (Misses' Jacket)

Reviewed by:divabuddha

About divabuddhastarstar
Member since: 5/9/12
Posted on:9/23/13 1:31 PM
Butterick: 5927 by divabuddha Butterick: 5927 by divabuddha
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket
GillianBC said... (6/21/15 7:09 PM) Reply
Just made view C and liked it. Cutting for next one now. What is your construction method that avoided all the hand sewing and got it done so quickly?
JETrinity said... (10/25/14 3:47 PM) Reply
I agree with no hand sewing. You will not find me there at all except for the 3" opening for turning the jacket. Even buttons are machine sewed by me. I'm considering this pattern for my quilted microsuede.
MrsCharisma said... (1/26/14 5:42 PM) Reply
Thank you for saving me from those directions! :) Very nice jacket!
Nancy K said... (10/1/13 4:59 PM) Reply
Lovely. The big 4's instructions are out of the last century, way back in the last century. There is always a better way to do something than the way they tell you to.
Dale C said... (9/30/13 8:33 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I love the lining and can't wait to see what you come up with in the next contest... You are entering the lined jacket contest right? :)
lynne1nor said... (9/24/13 2:27 PM) Reply
That is a really nice looking jacket! Agree with others... the pattern envelope doesn't do it justice!
Rosalaya said... (9/24/13 8:55 AM) Reply
Yeah, I know what you mean about jackets. I've finally given in and started making from my jacket stash instead of making jumpers. Having such fun.
slmstyle said... (9/23/13 7:09 PM) Reply
Great jacket! I too love jackets and making them makes me happy :) I am glad to see a review of this pattern as I have been wanting to make it. Thank you for the heads up on the construction directions included and what you did to change things to your liking. Nice work!
halleyscomet said... (9/23/13 5:44 PM) Reply
I love jackets too! Love yours!
Fully Busted said... (9/23/13 2:47 PM) Reply
Wow, your jacket is great. The pattern envelope does nothing for this great little design.