Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2607 (Misses' Jacket & Skirt Semi-Fitted)

Reviewed by:Quickie

About Quickiestar
Member since: 10/8/10
Skill level:Beginner
Posted on:9/26/13 10:08 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized

Vogue Patterns: 2607 by Quickie
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Formalwear
Clareew said... (10/6/13 4:42 PM) Reply
I love the collar on you, but if you are not happy you are much better finding something you love for the special day. The upside of experimenting is that you will have a selection of jackets in your wardrobe.
turtleandi said... (10/5/13 2:35 AM) Reply
I like this silhouette on you and the color is fabulous.
Baja Susana said... (10/2/13 11:28 AM) Reply
I love a stand up collar, they frame the face and exude a genteel six appeal. Your jacket looks very nice on you. Hooks and eyes...accch, that means fine hand sewing, ick. But buttons or loops and buttons. Your row of buttons adds a custom look.
Mufffet said... (9/27/13 10:01 AM) Reply
I think this looks very good on you - and the color is excellent. Love the style and it does look good on you!
USMCMom said... (9/26/13 10:53 PM) Reply
The color is very flattering on you! The style is interesting, and having been MOG 3x so far, in my opinion, a separates outfit is far more flexible and practical. It can be swapped out with different accessories & pieces to get through the rehearsal dinner, any pre- and post wedding events, etc. And you take the jacket off or leave it on depending on the weather. More to the point, I think the collar works on you, but it can cast tricky shadows and create odd angles in photos.
Sew Passionista said... (9/26/13 4:23 PM) Reply
I love the colour and the closure.I feel the same as others about a stand up colour. On me it's uncomfortable .
Dale C said... (9/26/13 4:02 PM) Reply
I personally don't care much for a stand up, wide open collar either. It kinda puts the focus on my less-than-attractive neckline and I'd rather frame my face than have people looking at my neck/chest (of which there isn't much to feature there either). :)
carolynw said... (9/26/13 12:00 PM) Reply
The stand up collar in this pattern is the main attraction - I made this for my sister (tall and skinny) years back and was never really pleased with the outcome. I wonder if your fabric choice may make an assessment of the fit a bit more difficult.
lynne1nor said... (9/26/13 11:32 AM) Reply
I like the stand up collar very much - its striking. Fabric color is great too.
PammyC said... (9/26/13 11:10 AM) Reply
I like the jacket. I think the stand up collar is very flattering, it makes the silhouette of the jacket longer and leaner, and frames the face nicely. I love your solution for the front closure, very elegant.

BurdaStyle Magazine 02-2012-117