Pattern Reviews> McCall's> 6614 (Misses'/Men's Tops and Jacket)

Reviewed by:Lori9999

About Lori9999star
AZ United States
Member since: 12/6/12
Sewing skills:Advanced Beginner
Posted on:9/26/13 11:57 PM

See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Tops    Coat/Jacket    Mens - Shirts

elna2 said... (10/19/13 11:32 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I just realized that I have this pattern in my stash. I will use your review to watch for sizing problems.. I do intend to use contrasting fabric on sides as previous post noted to I guess I will tissue fit or make a mock up first. Your Top looks nice though ,after all your efforts, I do hope you can still wear it!
carolynw said... (9/27/13 6:51 PM) Reply
Thanks for reviewing even though it's not going to work for you. Just looking at the photo it looks so nice but if the fit is wrong then that's a whole other story. From the line drawing it looks as if the Princess seams were designed far to the side for a contrast fabric?
Clareew said... (9/27/13 11:41 AM) Reply
Great review, hopefully it will save someone else's frustration.
cocosloft said... (9/27/13 8:49 AM) Reply
Thks for this review! Always good to hear the downside especially on shared gender patterns like this one.
grays08 said... (9/27/13 8:18 AM) Reply
Wow, cute top (love leopard) but understand your frustration. McCalls drives me nuts with that kind of stuff. I agree the line drawing is in conflict with the description.
KensingtonCrab said... (9/27/13 7:48 AM) Reply
I really like your top. Interesting that the line drawing is different from the description.