Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Harper Jacket (Ponte Jacket)

Reviewed by:clothingengineer

About clothingengineerstarstarstarstar
Member since: 5/7/10
Posted on:9/27/13 9:58 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
StyleArc: Harper Jacket by clothingengineer StyleArc: Harper Jacket by clothingengineer

Vesta Patterns

vestapatterns.com

Paganoonoo

Upcycle sewing patterns

clotheshorse said... (10/9/13 7:57 PM) Reply
Your jackets look really nice! I just got this pattern and was a little unsure whether I would like it on me but your review makes me want to get sewing it :)
Annie P said... (9/28/13 9:28 PM) Reply
They look great. I actually think they really suit you..
mmcp said... (9/28/13 8:00 AM) Reply
Great review, and very funny--we've all had those items we didn't think were super flattering, but we put them on all the time because they are so cozy. Sounds like a winner!
clothingengineer said... (9/27/13 7:17 PM) Reply
carolynw - that's the thing, the collar is folded over and topstitched down, so all that neat finishing is completely hidden anyway! Makes no sense to me.
Sew4Fun said... (9/27/13 7:09 PM) Reply
Excellent review and nice cardi. This is the sort of review I love to read. Thanks!!
carolynw said... (9/27/13 6:42 PM) Reply
I really like these jackets - maybe a lighter fabric would drape better for the closing - I like the way that looks. The reason for the French seam at center back is because the seam is shown on the right side of the collar so a French seam is to make it neater if you wish
Dianne22 said... (9/27/13 11:27 AM) Reply
Great review of this pattern. Both finished products look beautiful and easy to complete. Personally, I love the way the blue one looks closed--something of an elegant drape.
clothingengineer said... (9/27/13 10:51 AM) Reply
grays08 - I think I don't like it closed because it makes a lot of bulk at the upper chest that I find distracting. Maybe you're right and I just need time to get used to it.
grays08 said... (9/27/13 10:46 AM) Reply
I like both of these on you and think they are flattering! I think the drape leads your eye downward even though I'm sure they probably feel like they are bulky and wide at times you are wearing them. Love these and love them with a skinny pant also like it closed as I think it's very interesting and chic. Give them a chance, I think they'll grow more on you, but I've also had those kind of projects so I know where you are coming from. = )
Dee2 said... (9/27/13 10:35 AM) Reply
Love this jacket--the royal really suits you & the purple is gorgeous. Love the hair too!
Re Becca said... (9/27/13 10:32 AM) Reply
Oh wow, a gorgeous pattern that comes with notions! We needed a good pattern for heavier knits.
Knitz said... (9/27/13 10:32 AM) Reply
Very good review -- looks nice styled with the Barbs.

by: jnageotte