Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8859 (Misses' Pants)

Reviewed by:marec

Last Updated:9/27/13 11:48 AM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite
Vogue Patterns: 8859 by marec Vogue Patterns: 8859 by marec
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 13 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
kimmielovesparis said... (10/21/13 8:49 PM) Reply
I just bought this pattern -- thinking of doing the front in faux leather (non-stretch) and the back in knit. Your review made me think I chose wisely since this is a TNT. Thanks! You're pants are fabulous.
Shari7 said... (10/12/13 7:53 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I made these pants recently and need to post a review. I also found the instructions for the knee pleats to be odd. I made mine using ponte and they are very comfortable.
MNBarb said... (10/8/13 1:15 PM) Reply
Just when I'm about ready to give up on new pants pattern I see this review and how great you look in these fitted pants. Really nice work and you look terrific in that red/orange shirt!
Margaret said... (10/2/13 3:20 PM) Reply
Nice-looking pants! The knee pleats are great!
SewLibra said... (9/28/13 1:43 PM) Reply
Nice looking and well fitting pants!
Sanibelle said... (9/28/13 1:36 PM) Reply
The pants fit wonderfully and are very flattering on you, but it was your red top that drew me in, since I have that pattern sitting here begging for some attention! I love the way it looks on you. Thanks for including it in the pants photo!
Lveeckgosden said... (9/28/13 12:38 PM) Reply
I really like these pants. Didn't do the knee pleats correctly on my first attempt, so didn't post a review - very cute pleats, but ended up with the front of the legs a full inch shorter than the back! Being lazy, I just cut the inch off the back and now have a very nice pair of pants that are a hair too short for a tall person, but quite comfortable! My next pair was done in a Ponte Roma knit and I just ignored the pleats altogether, constructing with a seaming overlock stitch. Comfortable.
Rebecca D said... (9/28/13 9:31 AM) Reply
Working on Marcy's latest pants pattern right now, but this one is in the stack. Thanks for the review, this is just the sort of pant I need right now.
cocosloft said... (9/28/13 9:26 AM) Reply
Great review and good to know how this pattern works in a woven. I'm with you...I love it, have 5 pairs as well, all knits!
LynneH said... (9/28/13 7:55 AM) Reply
These pants look great on you. Great outfit. By the way is the top simplicity 1945?
Danmar said... (9/28/13 7:50 AM) Reply
Very nice review and pants! Think I might try these
JTink said... (9/27/13 7:01 PM) Reply
Super pants and that top makes for a sweet outfit
ymfm said... (9/27/13 5:50 PM) Reply
I can see why this is a favorite pattern.
Amanda.Claire said... (9/27/13 5:46 PM) Reply
Cute pants! I like the knee detail too..
carolynw said... (9/27/13 5:42 PM) Reply
You sure have a great fit in these - looks great on you. Never gave this pattern a thought but may add to the collection. Thanks for such a helpful review
Clareew said... (9/27/13 5:28 PM) Reply
Great, inspiring review.I have this pattern - you have now made it move to the top of my list.

by: Sewingkee