Pattern Reviews> Loes Hinse Designs> 5001 (European Pant)

Reviewed by:PegL

About PegLstar
MO USA
Member since: 2/18/04
Posted on:5/3/05 11:54 AM

See other patterns in this category: Pants
Peggy L said... (6/12/05 5:00 PM) Reply
The tan pants really fit great. Did you make just the back smaller or a size smaller over all? I need to try these again with drapier fabric. Your zipper insertion looks great.
Danvillegirl said... (5/4/05 7:15 PM) Reply
Nice pants!
AnneM said... (5/4/05 4:35 AM) Reply
Congrats on your patns. Those came out very nicely. A bit of elastic waist on zip pants is nice for the extra fit & flexibility.
dvazz said... (5/3/05 9:43 PM) Reply
These look terrific! If you feel ambitious at some point, I'd love to see a photo with a shirt tucked in so I can see the waistband better. I've wondered how "bunchy" the elastic waist is on this...seems like with a fly front you don't really need elastic, so is it just to fine tune the fit? Anyway, I've been thinking of trying this and your photo is inspiring!
PVA said... (5/3/05 7:10 PM) Reply
I'm fine-tuning pants now myself. These look really great, especially the tan ones. I'll have to check-out this pattern, thanks for the review.
Gigi Louis said... (5/3/05 4:14 PM) Reply
Wonderful pants, Peg! This is such a great pattern.
PegL said... (5/3/05 3:28 PM) Reply
Marijo, these ARE the fly front version! That's why I love these pants! The pants look funny from the back because I was setting the timer on the camera and running to get in the photo! It's a wonder the pants are not all bunched up! LOL Thanks for the nice comments!
CarolynGM said... (5/3/05 12:38 PM) Reply
These look nice -- this is a wonderful pattern.
mjrsew said... (5/3/05 12:35 PM) Reply
I love this pattern and was more than skeptical about her assertion that the straight leg pant is flattering---but it is. I see that you did the pull-on pant. Have you tried the fly front version. There are lots of complatints about her zipper method but I found that it works. One note---I may be incorrect but the back view looks as if the left leg is "bagging" a bit at the side seam--maybe you have a slight high hip on that side? Pants look very nice on you. Marijo