Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8890 (Men's Jacket, Shorts, and Pants)

Reviewed by:SewRuth

Last Updated:10/5/13 11:33 AM

Vogue Patterns: 8890 by SewRuth  Vogue Patterns: 8890 by SewRuth
See other patterns in this category: Mens - Jackets    Mens    Mens - Pants
sarah121haras said... (12/8/13 10:34 PM) Reply
I am getting ready to start this project for my husband and thought I would check out the reviews. Wow, your version is amazing! Well done.
Sue Parrott said... (10/12/13 10:22 AM) Reply
Wow, this is so wonderful! I think you need to change your sewing skills from intermediate to advanced. Love it!
grays08 said... (10/7/13 5:16 PM) Reply
Beautifully made and excellent fit (I'm so impressed with the shoulder/sleeve area which looks so spectacular!) I'm doing a suit jacket myself for my DH right now so I feel your pain and anxiety in doing another! lol...they can be the worst clients but perhaps the most rewarding too I suppose. = ) So impressed you did this out of poly, wonderful job!
SewRuth said... (10/7/13 3:23 PM) Reply
Thank you all for such positive and encouraging comments. The tailoring books I referred to are: Vintage Couture Tailoring - von Nordheim: Classic Tailoring Techniques (Women) - Cabrera. I'm still waiting for the tickets to Paris.........
Miss N said... (10/7/13 2:22 PM) Reply
WOW. So impressed. Amazing. Good for you! I think you should definitely change your skill status to Advanced.
BlossomKyle said... (10/6/13 11:53 PM) Reply
WOW! That jacket looks so RTW!!
Brine said... (10/6/13 12:20 PM) Reply
I am really impressed. The jacket looks great!
carolynw said... (10/6/13 11:31 AM) Reply
Wonderful work - all your efforts sure paid of in a terrific looking jacket
Baja Susana said... (10/6/13 11:28 AM) Reply
You did a wonderful job, echoing what others said, if this is the practice jacket,I am looking forward to seeing the next one. Good work! A labor of love. Where are you going for dinner?
persevering said... (10/6/13 9:59 AM) Reply
Awesome jacket! You are so inspiring! I like the skirt you made too - looking good!
craigrama said... (10/6/13 9:53 AM) Reply
Fully functional sleeve vents? Wow. Haven't seen that feature in a jacket in years. Wonderful work. Nothing like pad stitching to make other projects "seem easier". I'm sure he'll get good use of such a prize.
Danmar said... (10/6/13 6:40 AM) Reply
I am so impressed with your project. What an undertaking and beautiful results!
margy.64 said... (10/6/13 4:46 AM) Reply
Great result.
pdiddly said... (10/6/13 3:21 AM) Reply
fantastic work
Maree P said... (10/6/13 0:04 AM) Reply
Your jacket is impeccable.
knitmachinequeen said... (10/5/13 11:00 PM) Reply
You did a fabulous job. So much so that it almost makes me what to sew for my husband! TFS
kerrynw said... (10/5/13 10:30 PM) Reply
Wow!!! Looks Great, perfect fit. You have done an amazing job. Congratulations!
farqs said... (10/5/13 10:09 PM) Reply
Great job. The lapels are perfect! DH looks very proud of your work.
treefrog said... (10/5/13 9:03 PM) Reply
Amazing! So professionally made. If this is the practice jacket the "real" one is going to be out of this world. Can I ask which tailoring book you used?
Campbell said... (10/5/13 8:03 PM) Reply
Wow, this jacket looks great. I have only made shirts for my husband and only one so far. That is really a gift of love!
Vivienne said... (10/5/13 7:10 PM) Reply
I second the wow-wow-wow. Stunning!
LynneH said... (10/5/13 6:31 PM) Reply
Amazing! This is beautifully made. Congrats
lmg said... (10/5/13 6:16 PM) Reply
Wow wow wow wow. Yes, a trip to Paris should be your reward for such a great jacket. Fabulous construction..
Sharonspils said... (10/5/13 6:15 PM) Reply
Very stylish and beautifully made jacket for your DH.
SavageCoco said... (10/5/13 6:08 PM) Reply
Ruth, did you hear that loud thunk just now? That was my jaw hitting the floor. This is just absolutely outstanding. Really, really admirable work. I'm thinkin' someone owes you a bit of fancy dinner out, some jewelry and a foot massage. Oh, and a trip to Paris.
bes said... (10/5/13 5:40 PM) Reply
Well done! Beautiful sewing, great fit - just - well done!
caper81 said... (10/5/13 3:40 PM) Reply
What a beautifully constructed jacket! It looks so great! Enjoyed your blog &yYour skirt looks awesome on you also, I must add!:)
Dynamo said... (10/5/13 12:59 PM) Reply
I recently did a course on tailoring a jacket and so I can appreciate all the work that went into this. The jacket looks great and fits so nicely. I don't know that I'd ever care to tailor a jacket again, sooo much work, so good for you!
TinaLea said... (10/5/13 12:06 PM) Reply
Ruth, thanks for the review, you did a great job on the jacket! I have this in my stash hoping to make one for DH when I get the nerve up - he saw a jacket he liked locally that was over $800 out of a really nice wool, I about choked realizing I could make it for less than $100! (And no, he did not buy it!!!!)
SandraB said... (10/5/13 11:38 AM) Reply