I actually had a face off of this pattern and Jalie 2805. I sewed them up the same and compared each shirt. You can read more on my blog. . Thanks!
3/4 sleeve t-shirt;
34-52; I went with my measurements and sewed a 40 for bust, waist, and then 44 for hips
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
yep, except the long sleeves instead of 3/4
Were the instructions easy to follow?
they are but I didn't utilize them.
* Twill tape in shoulders. sewed both shoulders first.
* gray rib binding for neck attached in the round
* gray thread for topstitching
* Sleeves basted in with sewing machine before serging
* Serged all seams
* Reinforced armpit areas by sewing a straight stitch within the serged stitch.
* Sewed sleeve hems before sewing sleeve sides
* Attached sleeve flat and then sewed sleeve side and shirt side all in one.
* Wonder Tape for sleeve and bottom hems.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
Ottobre: nice loose fit.
Sleeves weren't tight this time around
LOVE the tiny pocket!!
neckline really low (and loose but that is my fault)
I don't like the "U" shaped bottom hem. It was really hard to do with the knit fabric
2 yards of shiny turquoise and gray striped knit.
Lightweight and somewhat see-through.
Picked up at Hancock just Friday. $13.98 total.
used almost all of it.
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I completed my square shoulder adjustment and sloped 1/2" out of the back neck area.
I forgot to slope 1/2" out of the front neck. doh!
Neckline is lower and more open.
Hem is not straight but in a U shape front and back
Took almost 2 hours to sew
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
yes, I like this shirt and it's tiny pocket. It was a great one to sew up.