I actually had a face off of this pattern and Ottobre 05/2013 #1A. I sewed them up the same and compared each shirt. You can read more on my blog Thanks!
Choice of t-shirts with 4 sleeve lengths and 4 neckline variations
all the way from a girls 2 to a women's 22; I went with View A, cap sleeve, normal neck.
I went with my actual measurements which was a "U" for bust, "T" for waist, and then "X" for hips
Did it look like the photo/drawing on the pattern envelope once you were done sewing with it?
yes it did
Were the instructions easy to follow?
yes but I didn't' utilize them.
* Twill tape in shoulders. sewed both shoulders first.
* gray rib binding for neck attached in the round
* gray thread for topstitching
* Sleeves basted in with sewing machine before serging
* Serged all seams
* Reinforced armpit areas by sewing a straight stitch within the serged stitch.
* Sewed sleeve hems before sewing sleeve sides
* Attached sleeve flat and then sewed sleeve side and shirt side all in one.
* Wonder Tape for sleeve and bottom hems.
What did you particularly like or dislike about the pattern?
nice slim but shapely fit
Tight sleeves!! OMG let my arms breathe!
1.5 yards of a red/gray/black/tan stripe knit
nice medium weight
Picked up at Hancock a bit ago on the $3.95/yard table. $5.93 total
just managed to eek out the pieces. had to tilt the sleeves. used all of it
Pattern alterations or any design changes you made:
I completed my square shoulder adjustment and sloped 1/2" out of the back neck area.
I also sloped 1/2" out of the front neck.
Jalie fits very snug
Shaped more - fits nicer over bust, waist, hip
Hem is straight
Black Serger thread used
Took 1.5 hours to sew
Would you sew it again? Would you recommend it to others?
Yes I will, I really like this top and love Jalie patterns. I will go for a looser knit fabric in the future or trace a larger bust and sleeve size.
More pictures on my blog