Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8333 (MISSES'/MISSES' PETITE JACKET)

Review submitted in 2013 Lined Jacket Contest Contest

Posted on:10/9/13 10:58 AM
Last Updated:10/31/13 12:28 PM

Vogue Patterns: 8333 by divabuddha  Vogue Patterns: 8333 by divabuddha
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 30 people
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

Other Projects by divabuddha using this Pattern

tkbuy said... (4/28/15 11:04 AM) Reply
I had the same problem trying to figure out the pocket directions. Thank you for unraveling them!
Margaret said... (11/8/13 9:02 AM) Reply
Great jacket and very helpful review! I'm glad it worked out in the end.
froggiegirl said... (11/7/13 8:02 PM) Reply
I'm in awe of you pattern matching. What a gorgeous jacket.
petro said... (11/4/13 3:41 AM) Reply
I love the way you've taken this 'office' jacket to a new dimension with the fun fabric. Thanks for braving the storm and giving us a pattern critique.
mlclements said... (10/31/13 3:12 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and a great review!
WinterQueen said... (10/31/13 1:17 PM) Reply
love this :) x
PattyE said... (10/25/13 9:50 PM) Reply
Sorry...double post!
sewgirlygirl-knot! said... (10/14/13 10:18 AM) Reply
Your review was so engaging..have they come for your machine yet? I love your muslin.
Pattycrafty said... (10/12/13 6:14 PM) Reply
Love it! You clearly paid attention to getting the fabric repeats in flattering places. Very well done. I'll echo "grays08" and say, you saw the jewel among the toads with that fabric! Thanks for the detailed review.
Mimsy Borogoves said... (10/11/13 10:35 PM) Reply
AMAZING jacket and review. I went through the very same experience with a Miyake pattern, though I chose to imbibe tequila and orange juice for my frustration break. Thanks for sharing...oh and the fabric is perfect for such a "stuffy" jacket.
SewWil said... (10/11/13 8:24 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket!!! Love your fabric and you did a wonderful job with the placement.
daintydeb said... (10/10/13 7:12 PM) Reply
Thank you for the honesty here. I suspected that this might be the case with this pattern.
Handshake said... (10/10/13 3:11 PM) Reply
I love this comment, it made me laugh! " My poor husband retreated to his man cave during this process in fear for his life. You know, kind of how you see people slowing backing away from a wild animal on television? Kind of like that." My husband did that very thing today when I was making him a waistcoat. Bravo for carrying on!
MrsCharisma said... (10/10/13 12:15 PM) Reply
SWOON! I love this jacket. Every single thing about it.
carolynw said... (10/10/13 10:46 AM) Reply
This is the jacket we all would like to make - congratulations on sticking with it and producing a definite over the top result!
Wianno Girl said... (10/10/13 9:52 AM) Reply
Not only was the review excellent, so is the final product, inside and out. I like including the beverage in your pics. ;-)
dresscode said... (10/10/13 3:28 AM) Reply
Only 2 days of sewing? I find that quite remarkable considering all the style in this jacket.
Margie T said... (10/10/13 3:07 AM) Reply
For a mediocre pattern you sure did a good job. Thank you for an entertaining and dare I say brave review. Well done!
Baja Susana said... (10/10/13 0:23 AM) Reply
This is a comprehensive, fleshy review, tha pink you for all of this detail. Has hubby come out to say he likes it? It is an interesting pattern and fabric. Job well done.
PattyE said... (10/9/13 11:51 PM) Reply
Well now, that's just fabulous! Your fabric placement is spot-on. And 2 days!? You're making the rest of us look bad!! LOL. Well done. Now I need this pattern.
MaryDB said... (10/9/13 10:36 PM) Reply
Wow - it looks fabulous. And you just - like whipped it up in two days? And the fabric pattern matches up perfectly? And it fits? And you dealt with 109 steps or so of vague instructions? You're a rock star!
threaddy said... (10/9/13 10:21 PM) Reply
Awesome review! 2 days to make it? You must be kidding...bet you didn't eat or sleep. This is one great looking jacket.
madbadger said... (10/9/13 9:57 PM) Reply
I really like it! Nice job!
Kendrasewsindetroit said... (10/9/13 9:19 PM) Reply
mama likey:)
becca a said... (10/9/13 7:49 PM) Reply
Gorgeous jacket! You did a lovely job on pattern placement.
Jstarr4250 said... (10/9/13 7:27 PM) Reply
Truly gorgeous- the fabric, the style, the workmanship; all of it. I would love to own this jacket.
divabuddha said... (10/9/13 6:31 PM) Reply
Thanks again girls!!! You all have made my day. And if anyone is giving this pattern a go, I have some step by step photos for assembling the pleat/pocket/front panel. I didn't include them here because it was already pretty long, but I'm happy to post them here or email them if anyone wants 'em!
dee688 replied...(3/29/15 10:07 AM)
I know your V8333 post has been up awhile but could you possibly email me help with the pockets? I have been stuck over a week. Have made multiple jackets before, however, I just do not get her directions. I have repeatedly redone it thinking, " oh this is it." But of course it is not. Even tried contacting Claire via FB, no response there either. My address is dgr03@bellsouth.net I will be forever greatful for your help as right about now I could scream. Donna
beanchor said... (10/9/13 6:13 PM) Reply
I love this jacket! I love the fabric choice! I love your review, you are hilarious!
marec said... (10/9/13 5:53 PM) Reply
Wowza...2 days? You have done a marvelous job and have a very cool jacket to enjoy!
treefrog said... (10/9/13 5:37 PM) Reply
Love your jacket! Just 2-days to make is impressive. Thanks for the detailed review - it is very handy for those of us starting to make tailored jackets and might have assumed a CS pattern would have great instructions.
Clareew said... (10/9/13 4:29 PM) Reply
What a wonderful jacket, I love the fabric/style combination. Thank you for such a thorough review.
sewbarbie said... (10/9/13 3:43 PM) Reply
However difficult and confusing it was, the jacket is beautiful!
CraftAddict said... (10/9/13 3:41 PM) Reply
This is such a great jacket! I love the print on the pattern. I have this pattern in my stash. I really need to tackle it.
Pj3g said... (10/9/13 3:11 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket! The design of the fabric looks wonderful! Can't believe it cost so little! All the hassle you went through is well worth it! Great review too!
Dei said... (10/9/13 1:05 PM) Reply
The jacket rocks! And you rock for sewing it. You can wear that SO many ways. Well done.
divabuddha said... (10/9/13 12:50 PM) Reply
Thanks ladies! And thanks so much for mentioning your experiences with this pattern....I was beginning to think that I was crazy. Glad to know I'm not alone. :)
Re Becca said... (10/9/13 12:48 PM) Reply
The whole jacket looks pretty flippin' awesome, more like a million bucks than 15. Thanks for the thorough and concise information on your journey. I have this jacket and at one time I cut it out (totally forgot until I saw your review) and I couldn't get past the pocket instructions so I am totally in awe of your finished product. The shape of the sides and the collar are both really slimming. I know it was a pain but I think you will like wearing it so much and will get tons of compliments.
ArtAttack said... (10/9/13 12:40 PM) Reply
WOW! This is killer! I love it! I own this pattern and never finished the jacket. I totally agree with your assessment of Claire's instructions. I guess that make 2 machines that will get confiscated now! Great review.
VogueMistress said... (10/9/13 12:28 PM) Reply
Great review. I have also been working on this jacket (for a lot longer than 2 days). I agree that some of the instructions are vague at best. I also own Claire's Couture Sewing book and have referred to it often during this process.
frame said... (10/9/13 12:21 PM) Reply
I am really glad you reviewed this and gave your honest assessment of the instructions. Your jacket turned out looking terrific in spite of the instructions, so great job!
grays08 said... (10/9/13 12:17 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket and love how you used the fabric, red tag? - no way girl, where is that stuff in my store, lol! I love your review and the helpfulness of it. I also feel for you, I think it's like a fussy jacket thing because I'm working on a men's suit jacket right now for the contest that has taken me two days to cut so the sewing? Umph, lord help me if it takes me long there or my DH will be retreating to the man cave for fear of his life too! Just the cutting process has pushed me over the edge almost! LOL, great review, and I really appreciate you taking the time to document your journey as it's very helpful. = )
Kiawe said... (10/9/13 11:57 AM) Reply
Great jacket. Thanks for the detailed review. I have been thinking about making this in a patterned fabric.
Quickie said... (10/9/13 11:29 AM) Reply
I love your version of the jacket. You showde us that this office-like shape can also be made very informal- looking ?I like your fabric

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Victoria Jones Collection Happi Coat & Hanten (230)

Islander Sewing Systems Men's Classic Dress Shirt Pattern