Pattern Reviews> Cake patterns> 0369 (Red Velvet Dress)

Reviewed by:Debbie Cook

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Cake patterns: 0369 by Debbie Cook  Cake patterns: 0369 by Debbie Cook
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 26 people
ell-in-or said... (11/22/13 7:06 PM) Reply
Great job on the remake. It looks great on you. Thanks for the great review, and your additional experience with the vendor. Very enlightening!
trinicity said... (10/25/13 7:12 AM) Reply
Very pretty Debbie, great fit and color combo
Rhoda K said... (10/24/13 12:41 PM) Reply
I love this dress on you. It fits you so well, your hard work paid off.
canei said... (10/24/13 9:14 AM) Reply
Looks great!!!
Danvillegirl said... (10/14/13 5:17 AM) Reply
Even with the pattern challenges you made a great looking dress!
cmcarr said... (10/13/13 11:17 PM) Reply
The dress looks good on you. I have been sewing for over 40 years but I want to be able to fit my clothes like you when I grow up. You have so much knowledge about sewing and you know how to teach. I always use your pants fly tut when making jeans. I can sew just about anything but I just never get the fit that I want.
knitsewmuch said... (10/13/13 10:45 PM) Reply
I think the dress looks great. Thanks for the review.
Mimsy Borogoves said... (10/13/13 8:30 PM) Reply
thanks for such a helpful review. I like the fit!
mary in FL said... (10/13/13 8:16 PM) Reply
I think the dress looks great on you! I do not like the lightning stitch, as I've always found it to cut the fabric.
Meredith P said... (10/13/13 8:12 PM) Reply
I must say, it looks MUCH better on you than Tilly. Glad you persevered. You ended up with something quite wearable.
AnneM said... (10/13/13 7:33 PM) Reply
I think that dress would be great on you with a slightly narrower waist band. It is a fun style and definitely has potential for you. I confess, I love that little lightening stitch on my machine, as evil as it can be for removal. Patterns should have the pieces line up; that is disappointing. And I agree on the non-standard symbols; why confuse people for no good reason? !! I do like this style, though, and if my printed (vs downloaded) one works for me, I might still pick it up.
Adaire said... (10/13/13 7:23 PM) Reply
This looks really nice on you. I'm sorry it was such a hassle but obviously you are experienced enough to see it through with the needed changes. I haven't had too much trouble with the Indie pattern companies but every once in a while you hit a wonky one which makes me cross. Not that the big 4 don't have more than their share of stinkers but I think we expect more of the Indies. Would be interested in what they have to say if you get back with them on this.
PammyC said... (10/13/13 7:21 PM) Reply
The dress is actually very flattering on you, thanks to your expert alterations to the pattern perhaps. The black and white color combo is very fresh looking.
frame said... (10/13/13 5:33 PM) Reply
I've read your blog and am aware of the problems you had with this pattern, but I gotta say - the dress looks pretty darn attractive on you.
sideseams said... (10/13/13 5:29 PM) Reply
Debbie, So good to see your review, your dress fits you to a 't" as usual. Your information is always helpful . Thank you !

by: katski