Pattern Reviews> BurdaStyle Magazine> 09-2013-117

Last Updated:10/21/13 0:02 AM

BurdaStyle Magazine: 09-2013-117 by SewWil
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 8 people
Elke said... (1/7/14 9:52 PM) Reply
Looks great on you and I love the back!
imsewcrazy said... (10/27/13 4:11 PM) Reply
this looks beautiful on you! Front and back!!!
Barbara V said... (10/23/13 11:29 AM) Reply
What great design details on your blouse/top! I had to laugh at your apron and loincloth ponderings. Who knows what inspires designers, but these details are remarkable and look fabulous incorporated into your blouse for a unique look. Pretty fabric too. You wear it well - enjoy!
Mimsy Borogoves said... (10/23/13 10:38 AM) Reply
WOW! This is what I call gorzwha. The fit, the fabric, the style..all stunning. Thank you.
Amanda.Claire said... (10/22/13 8:47 AM) Reply
Your top and fabric are gorgeous! I'm so glad to see this made up. I do like the back on this, but if it still bothers you, I bet you could remove the ties and just sub a button.
cmcarr said... (10/22/13 1:07 AM) Reply
Beautiful!
Joan Morley said... (10/21/13 10:50 PM) Reply
Gorgeous! But I agree with another viewer: the ties are a distraction, I would omit them. Nice job.
allycovey said... (10/21/13 6:24 PM) Reply
I love it I have been wanting to make this top and you did a superb job.
Sue Parrott said... (10/21/13 5:57 PM) Reply
BEAUTIFUL!
Mary Nanna said... (10/21/13 4:27 PM) Reply
Oh it is fantastic - I have eyed up this one myself and now I'll definitely give it a crack. With Burda, you need to give yourself time to "let the eye adjust".
pamscott said... (10/21/13 3:24 PM) Reply
Looks absolutely stunning on you and the back is fabulous, but I don't think it needs the ties.
MNBarb said... (10/21/13 1:23 PM) Reply
I also think the top works for you. I know what you mean about trying something unique, then not knowing if it's too unique. Your tall, thin physique (and that beautiful fabric) is perfect for this style.
Meredith P said... (10/21/13 12:57 PM) Reply
It looks wonderful on you, for sure! Beautiful execution, as always!
grays08 said... (10/21/13 11:12 AM) Reply
Beautifully done and looks stunning on you. The back is interesting but at least that's why I was drawn initially to this pattern since it was a different spin. I think it will grow on you, it's quite lovely and you did a wonderful job on it. = )
madrejesica said... (10/21/13 9:26 AM) Reply
I love the back! Do you use the double tracing wheel to create the pattern or just measure for your seam allowance? I see a sea line on the sleeve in the back view picture, how many pieces are in sleeve? Great design, fun fabric, kudos.
Jstarr4250 said... (10/21/13 9:10 AM) Reply
I'm echoing cleverkitty word for word-not for everyone but it's gorgeous on you. And oh, the fabric!!!
cleverkitty said... (10/21/13 8:13 AM) Reply
Beautiful for sure, the fabric makes this even better, you can pull this look off easily, this is not for someone with large hips. One thing about the back is that it falls nicely where it's suppose to..... so with that you have an interesting style on this tunic. Wear this with confidence because you could!!!!
Danmar said... (10/21/13 7:38 AM) Reply
Lovely distinctive top! I like the back
BeaJay said... (10/21/13 0:54 AM) Reply
Lovely top - both front and back - the fabric just makes it so much nicer.
RadarRadiance said... (10/21/13 0:47 AM) Reply
Love the fabric, it looks fantastic on you! A cool blouse and white is so crisp looking.
Baja Susana said... (10/21/13 0:16 AM) Reply
This is beautiful, crisp, stylish and gorgeous fabric. The back is interesting.

by: treblehear...