Pattern Reviews> StyleArc> Darcy Woven Pants (Darcy Woven Pants)

Reviewed by:dinagideon

About dinagideonstarstar
VA United States
Member since: 7/23/13
Posted on:10/23/13 4:10 PM
Last Updated:10/23/13 4:14 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
Lynmarie said... (10/25/13 10:17 PM) Reply
Nice pants, maybe ask SA to add more detail to the constuction sheet, they are very helpful I've found.
dinagideon said... (10/25/13 3:52 PM) Reply
Hi, Knitz. :) Thanks for the need for extra clarification, I realize now I kind of skimmed over my issues. I like faced hems, a lot, and was stoked to see that this pattern had them for the cute and unusual hem. My problem was that I could have used more hand holding from Style Arc in the instructions to properly place the hem facing and then stitching it. I felt like I had no idea how and where to properly stitch the hem in the end, so I kind of winged it to less than desirable results. I also feel like my poor cutting skills hindered this project...the fabric was very difficult for me to cut properly and I didn't do a great job which led to the facing sitting in the hem improperly. Sigh. Basically it was a mess all around, though the photos definitely look like they are okay. :P I may do what you did, and face the hems FIRST and the sew up the side seam, that seems like a brilliant solution!
Knitz said... (10/24/13 11:21 PM) Reply
Curious as to the problem you experienced with the hem -- can't really tell from the photo. I also had issues with the hem facing, and ended up facing the hem before sewing side seam.
GoSewGirl said... (10/23/13 6:07 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I've been wondering about these pants and now may have to order this pattern for myself!
dinagideon said... (10/23/13 4:35 PM) Reply
Quickie, lol. Yeah, I am wearing the top all day, but chose to photograph the pants with them. Maybe I chose that for a reason, to distract from the pants a bit. ;) The fabric is a Liberty tana lawn called Tresco floral. I was smitten with it last spring...
Quickie said... (10/23/13 4:24 PM) Reply
What a fantastic fabric for this nice top....I did not even draw my attention to your very versatile pants

by: Sheila457