Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5678 (Misses'/Misses' Petite Shirt and Sash)

Reviewed by:cleverkitty

About cleverkittystarstarstar
OH United States
Member since: 8/22/07
Posted on:10/24/13 5:35 PM
Last Updated:10/24/13 5:53 PM

Butterick: 5678 by cleverkitty  Butterick: 5678 by cleverkitty
cleverkitty said... (11/12/13 8:45 AM) Reply
Thank-you everyone I seem to be a little excited about this blouse especially seeing the other reviews coming in. As far as the sleeve preserving I made no adjustment but I did do a narrow shoulder adjustment , my sleeve starts at the top of my shoulder where the prominent bone is. Thanks for asking :)
persevering said... (11/11/13 10:36 PM) Reply
Fabulous shirt ... thanks for your review! Did you sew the top of the sleeve as the pattern shows or did you make an adjustment? It looks great ... all of it!
Christas said... (11/11/13 10:11 PM) Reply
I love this! Your top is so cute and sewn beautifully! Nice work..... as always!
VirginiasDghter said... (10/30/13 6:57 PM) Reply
Oh clever kitty! This is very cute! Impeccable work as usual. Very nice!
liliv said... (10/30/13 11:44 AM) Reply
Pretty sewing! I'm jealous of your patience, I'm not patient enough to sew a lovely well made shirt like this!
1SewSweet said... (10/27/13 8:55 AM) Reply
Cute! I have this pattern and will give it a try!
grays08 said... (10/25/13 9:00 AM) Reply
Such a beautiful, classic top! I love it and had to look at all the photos as I'm green with envy as well! ;> I love Nancy's techniques for adjusting the shoulder and swayback too - I've tried others that I didn't like as well and always go back to the ol' pivot & slide. I just love the details on this and agree with you on keeping it versatile and so clever to put them on the sash. Well done!
wimmie said... (10/25/13 8:32 AM) Reply
Thanks for this review. I'll have to remember the belt and tab detail when I make this one. really nice workmenship.
GoodbyeValntino said... (10/25/13 8:02 AM) Reply
Very smart!
nancyc said... (10/25/13 6:12 AM) Reply
Great idea about the belt carriers! Beautiful shirt!!
Amanda.Claire said... (10/24/13 9:19 PM) Reply
CUTE top!! I have this pattern and just have not gotten around to it. I'll know where to look for your adjustments
SewWil said... (10/24/13 7:04 PM) Reply
Oh wow! I love everything about this blouse. Very polished looking. Great job!!!
ArtAttack said... (10/24/13 6:36 PM) Reply
Oh, cute shirt! Love the detailing and the subtle stripe of the fabric. Very nice!
carolynw said... (10/24/13 6:34 PM) Reply
You have a superb shirt which looks like high end RTW. Congratulations on turning out such a perfect blouse - am a little green with envy :)
MrsCharisma said... (10/24/13 6:20 PM) Reply
Beautiful work! I'm getting ready to cut this top and also need both narrow shoulder and swayback adjustments.

Other My Childhood Treasures