Pattern Reviews> Butterick> 5679 (Misses' Top)

Reviewed by:Annette1

About Annette1starstarstarstar
Member since: 3/5/04
Posted on:10/26/13 4:15 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Margaret said... (10/30/13 3:07 PM) Reply
Great tops! Looks like a very nice cowl and I'm glad you worked out the fit so well!
marec said... (10/27/13 10:26 PM) Reply
You look fantabulous! All 3 tops are cute, and #3 is fantastic.
Karendee said... (10/27/13 7:40 PM) Reply
Marked this review very helpful since it's so informative. There is nothing better than a review in PR where you actually learn something. You and Shams have wonderful info for those of us needing a FBA. Lovell the tops, jewelry, hairdo and makeup. You look quite lovely in all!
Annette1 said... (10/27/13 4:55 PM) Reply
Hi, Grey Ann. Thanks for your nice comments. As for the French dart, I don't think I've ever done one before, but when I pinned in my drag lines, that's kind of what it ended up being. I actually do like it, because it kind of takes in the torso a little bit, too (I THINK) -- ha! It's not good for anything with a pattern to it, though, as it will probably throw that off (something like a plaid). I thought this was a real good tutorial on adding a dart, a regular dart. I can NEVER remember how to do it. I have to look EVERY SINGLE TIME. Anyway, this is the link: http://sew-la-fabric.blogspot.com/2010/04/full-bust-adjustment-aka-fba.html . And then Shams ALWAYS has great advice for making FBAs. These are a couple of her posts that I have bookmarked: http://communingwithfabric.blogspot.com/2012/04/fbas-in-knits-advice-for-uber-busty.html?showComment=1334527688483#c2682517730233860444 . That looks like a strange url! I hope it works. This is the other one: http://communingwithfabric.blogspot.com/2013/10/5-vintage-challenge-channeling-lucy.html .
grey ann said... (10/27/13 1:30 PM) Reply
1) I do love the hairdo on you! fake or not, looks so cute. 2) The red top - those seams/darts are 'design features.' Very nice save there. 3) The ribbed top is so nice, very flattering, love the jewelry. I also must add a FBA to every top, and have a tummy too. Did you like the 'french dart?' I am trying to decide if they are flattering on an apple shape.
Barbara V said... (10/27/13 11:03 AM) Reply
I'm blaming you too!!! Will have to break my pattern buying moratorium. This is just a really great looking top and so nice with the many style options. You not only created three pretty tops, but worked through fitting issues to arrive at a TNT pattern that I bet you will use over and over.
Rebecca D said... (10/27/13 9:35 AM) Reply
Echoing someone else - this is going on my list for the next sale and it's your fault. :) Perfect top for winter weekends, you and your post French dart out and about.
cleverkitty said... (10/27/13 9:03 AM) Reply
You got 3 great tops added to your wardrobe love them all!!!!
wimmie said... (10/27/13 4:56 AM) Reply
all three are great, but number three is very pretty. love the necklace.
Christas said... (10/27/13 1:03 AM) Reply
Welp, let's just say that all of these tops (especially numero three) are terrific! I'll have to get this pattern, and it's ALL YOUR FAULT!!! :-)
Dee2 said... (10/26/13 6:41 PM) Reply
Love all 3 tops--rib knit chevron is my fave & the necklace is perfect!
frame said... (10/26/13 6:34 PM) Reply
Nice.
Annette1 said... (10/26/13 6:32 PM) Reply
I cannot tell a lie, that's one of those clip-on ponytail things. It's SO EASY. I've had it FOREVER, and when I got it (on eBay, sight unseen for 30 bucks), I had NO IDEA how HARD it was to get one that actually matches your hair. And this one matched PERFECTLY, and I've had it ever since. THANKS SO MUCH!
atymonw said... (10/26/13 6:25 PM) Reply
Supercute! I love all of them, but especially that sweater knit. And you do have beautiful hair:)
Rhonda in Montreal said... (10/26/13 6:22 PM) Reply
You and Top 3 are GORgeous :D
carolynw said... (10/26/13 5:42 PM) Reply
Like all three and as usual your reviews have fun stuff in them - commented on your jacket before I saw this review
Dynamo said... (10/26/13 5:07 PM) Reply
I like all three, and your hair looks fab too!

by: slmstyle