Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 1361 (Misses' Dress)

Reviewed by:SewRuth

About SewRuthstarstarstar
Member since: 4/13/11
Posted on:10/30/13 5:35 PM
Last Updated:10/30/13 5:37 PM
Vogue Patterns: 1361 by SewRuth Vogue Patterns: 1361 by SewRuth
Lenarciak said... (3/3/15 7:22 AM) Reply
You have done a great job! It is fantastic dress. I have this patterns but seeing it I know it is not so easy to alterate/fit - asyou experience.
valkyrie01 said... (12/25/14 11:41 PM) Reply
In fact, I have followed your reviews on and off and you are a very good seamstress. You really should bump up your skill level rating on this site to advanced, IMHO. :)
valkyrie01 said... (12/25/14 11:37 PM) Reply
Hi SewRuth, great dress! thank you for the tips and the warnings; I am about to sew this dress in the next month or two. I just found a two way stretch double faced red wool jersey at Elliott Berman Textiles, boxing day sale! Despite your difficulties you prevailed and it looks great. You have inspired me :)
ak21 said... (7/15/14 2:33 AM) Reply
Great dress & thank you so much for all the tips. Will come in handy for me whenever I get to this pattern!
gotasew said... (3/22/14 8:41 PM) Reply
thankyou, I have been meaning to sew this dress for the longest time. I was going to try with only 2 way stretch fabric but because of you review will not. Thank you the dress looks gorgeous on you. well done.
SewRuth said... (2/15/14 3:32 AM) Reply
Slinky knits tend to be quite fine, this dress really needs a substantial fabric like ponte or wool jersey. If your fabric is robust then you should be OK.
Mjorymer said... (2/13/14 6:44 PM) Reply
Do you think a Slinky knit woul work for this pattern?
mmcp said... (1/17/14 7:59 PM) Reply
Very helpful review--were you able to find the finished dress dimensions anywhere? I'm trying to figure out which size to make and am debating whether to go down one size or two. Thanks!
oooh Baby said... (12/14/13 10:53 PM) Reply
I just purchased the pattern when browsing the book and after reading your review I thought oh no this pattern might not be for me
aaltje said... (11/29/13 7:55 AM) Reply
Thank you for your review. I will make the dress for Christmas, I'll make sure to write a review and post some pictures, but I certainly will use yours for all the extra instructions! Oh, and your dress turned out great!
caper81 said... (10/31/13 9:09 AM) Reply
Very glam!:)
canei said... (10/31/13 7:29 AM) Reply
sfshaza said... (10/31/13 5:29 AM) Reply
A lot of work, for sure, but the end result is gorgeous on you, Ruth! And what a useful review for others who might attempt it.
Danvillegirl said... (10/31/13 5:14 AM) Reply
Great fitting and looking dress. Your review was very detailed and helpful. This is a dress I will not tackle and will admire others version of this dress.
margy.64 said... (10/31/13 2:56 AM) Reply
What a knock out! All your work has really paid off on this one.
SewLibra said... (10/31/13 0:42 AM) Reply
What a perfect LBD on you!
ArtAttack said... (10/30/13 10:10 PM) Reply
Va va voom! You're a knockout in this! What a beautiful dress.
sewmytime said... (10/30/13 9:41 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous dress, and it fits you perfectly!
katski said... (10/30/13 9:00 PM) Reply
You and your dress are gorgeous! Great job on this!!
stonecutter17 said... (10/30/13 7:21 PM) Reply
Flaunt it girl!
slmstyle said... (10/30/13 6:22 PM) Reply
What a knockout! All of your hard work and self-sewing instruction made a great dress out of this pattern. Nice job!
evelynhughes said... (10/30/13 6:13 PM) Reply
Oh wow. Thank you so much for this detailed review and all your tips. You look stunning in the pictures. What a dress! Your comment re being a 4 say recluse made me laugh, I think you're spot on!