Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2971 (MISSES' TOP AND SKIRT)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:11/4/13 9:25 PM
Vogue Patterns: 2971 by sfshaza Vogue Patterns: 2971 by sfshaza
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 7 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Skirts
Utta Retch said... (8/14/14 4:27 AM) Reply
I like the top, but have no interest in making the skirt. As I do not sew in knits/stretch fabrics, I wonder if I could make it in something else and add a zip in the back? I made a Vogue dress with a boat neck and the wretched thing is too wide and keeps falling off the shoulders, so is always worn with a cardigan. I will definitely have to adjust the neckline.
Michele Lommasson said... (11/7/13 4:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've had fabrics collected for this for some time. Seeing yours finished is great.
Clareew said... (11/6/13 1:21 PM) Reply
Wonderful outfit. Spooky, about 30 minutes ago, I picked this pattern out of my stash and thought it could be this year's Christmas challenge. Thank you for blogging the shortening method - I am 5' 3" so will need that.
lamstu said... (11/6/13 4:21 AM) Reply
This is a real beauty! Looks great and makes me think that it could be a nice warm winter skirt.... If only I could have the eye for the print combo as good as yours!
sew2little said... (11/5/13 10:29 PM) Reply
This may define groovy!
STARG said... (11/5/13 3:37 PM) Reply
This is fantastic! I've had this pattern for awhile and have been dying to sew it up. Thanks for the inspiration.
carolynw said... (11/5/13 1:30 PM) Reply
What can I say? You always do different and amazing things but this one - well it beats all the other wonderful beauties you have made. Great choice of the fabrics - great sewing and an amazing outcome!
Tina Rathbone said... (11/5/13 12:40 PM) Reply
Utterly fab. One of my favorite Koos patterns. I'm happy to learn that I can pull out some of my quilting cottons for this. You look so great!
DorothyK said... (11/5/13 10:56 AM) Reply
Wow! You nailed this one. Perfect fabric choices, perfect execution - and it looks fabulous on you. Shame on all of us who have been procrastinating about making this pattern!
KensingtonCrab said... (11/5/13 10:06 AM) Reply
Fabulous!!! Wish I could see in person!
Pattern Junkie said... (11/5/13 9:33 AM) Reply
Love it! This pattern has been on my list for years and I always thought it would be impossible to find matching trim, but you did an amazing job picking fabrics and trim. Bravo!
marthamyers said... (11/5/13 9:28 AM) Reply
So current. So you, shams. Love it!
Annie P said... (11/5/13 0:37 AM) Reply
Great skirt. Great review. I've had this pattern for years and never had the courage to make it. Thanks to your review and blog I actually might give it a go.
MrsCharisma said... (11/4/13 11:56 PM) Reply
This is so you! I love it!
Barbara V said... (11/4/13 11:03 PM) Reply, Shams! Super job on the fit, length, etc. and you wear it so well. Enjoy!
The Technique of Underlining Garments