Mood Fabrics
Mood Fabrics

Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 2971 (MISSES' TOP AND SKIRT)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

Timeless Hawaiian styles

boutiquefabric.com

High end fashion fabrics

Utta Retch said... (8/14/14 4:27 AM) Reply
I like the top, but have no interest in making the skirt. As I do not sew in knits/stretch fabrics, I wonder if I could make it in something else and add a zip in the back? I made a Vogue dress with a boat neck and the wretched thing is too wide and keeps falling off the shoulders, so is always worn with a cardigan. I will definitely have to adjust the neckline.
Michele Lommasson said... (11/7/13 4:12 PM) Reply
Thanks for the review. I've had fabrics collected for this for some time. Seeing yours finished is great.
Clareew said... (11/6/13 1:21 PM) Reply
Wonderful outfit. Spooky, about 30 minutes ago, I picked this pattern out of my stash and thought it could be this year's Christmas challenge. Thank you for blogging the shortening method - I am 5' 3" so will need that.
lamstu said... (11/6/13 4:21 AM) Reply
This is a real beauty! Looks great and makes me think that it could be a nice warm winter skirt.... If only I could have the eye for the print combo as good as yours!
sew2little said... (11/5/13 10:29 PM) Reply
This may define groovy!
STARG said... (11/5/13 3:37 PM) Reply
This is fantastic! I've had this pattern for awhile and have been dying to sew it up. Thanks for the inspiration.
carolynw said... (11/5/13 1:30 PM) Reply
What can I say? You always do different and amazing things but this one - well it beats all the other wonderful beauties you have made. Great choice of the fabrics - great sewing and an amazing outcome!
Tina Rathbone said... (11/5/13 12:40 PM) Reply
Utterly fab. One of my favorite Koos patterns. I'm happy to learn that I can pull out some of my quilting cottons for this. You look so great!
DorothyK said... (11/5/13 10:56 AM) Reply
Wow! You nailed this one. Perfect fabric choices, perfect execution - and it looks fabulous on you. Shame on all of us who have been procrastinating about making this pattern!
KensingtonCrab said... (11/5/13 10:06 AM) Reply
Fabulous!!! Wish I could see in person!
Pattern Junkie said... (11/5/13 9:33 AM) Reply
Love it! This pattern has been on my list for years and I always thought it would be impossible to find matching trim, but you did an amazing job picking fabrics and trim. Bravo!
marthamyers said... (11/5/13 9:28 AM) Reply
So current. So you, shams. Love it!
Annie P said... (11/5/13 0:37 AM) Reply
Great skirt. Great review. I've had this pattern for years and never had the courage to make it. Thanks to your review and blog I actually might give it a go.
MrsCharisma said... (11/4/13 11:56 PM) Reply
This is so you! I love it!
Barbara V said... (11/4/13 11:03 PM) Reply
Ama..ma...mazing, Shams! Super job on the fit, length, etc. and you wear it so well. Enjoy!

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Jamie Christina Honey Girl Dress and Top Pattern (JC304HG)

Sewing Workshop Oasis Skirt Pattern