Pattern Reviews> New Look> 6407

Posted on:5/15/05 9:30 PM
Last Updated:7/17/05 1:07 AM
Review Rating: Helpful by 3 people    Very Helpful by 6 people
Schnauzer said... (2/9/06 6:33 PM) Reply
Very pretty top! I bought the pattern just this week. I hope my top turns out as nice as yours!
Deepika said... (7/17/05 3:48 PM) Reply
What a gorgeous color! love your shirt.
Diane E said... (7/17/05 11:26 AM) Reply
Beautiful, Teri. Love the sleeve treatment. P.S. I love the color of the wall behind you. I have a very similar color on my dining room walls - so warm!
Danvillegirl said... (7/17/05 8:37 AM) Reply
Like your top. Good save on your recent top.
PixieCat said... (5/16/05 3:57 PM) Reply
Beautiful top and I love the fabric. It's now on my wishlist.
Teri said... (5/16/05 10:52 AM) Reply
Thanks everyone for your nice comments. Hilary, yes I matched the front, but that is all I matched. The print is so big, that I gave up trying to match the sleeves and side seams. I referred to the May 2005 Threads article for help. The author gave me the freedom to just go for the front, if not I think I would still be cutting this thing out:0)
Hilary said... (5/16/05 10:28 AM) Reply
Very cute! That fabric is so pretty-did you match the pattern on the front-it looks like you did, good job :o) I will have to get this out and make it up. Thanks for the review!
AnneM said... (5/16/05 10:19 AM) Reply
I love the collar in view E. Very nice top; great job matching the print in the front.
SandraB said... (5/16/05 9:16 AM) Reply
Teri, this top looks really great on you. I have this pattern and now I am definitely going to try it, after reading this review.
Cambric Tea said... (5/16/05 9:15 AM) Reply
Oh how pretty! You picked the nicest fabric, too. It looks great, and a very nice photo.
ryan's mom said... (5/16/05 8:38 AM) Reply
Oh this is such a pretty top! Looks much better than the pattern photo too with the nice, colorful print.
elizajo said... (5/16/05 7:02 AM) Reply
How cute! Right now I am craving 100% cotton shirts like this and have three patterns. I've made 2- a vogue and kwik sew and only the kwik sew worked well. You just gave me inspiration to buy another one. I like the various sleeve options.
Danvillegirl said... (5/16/05 5:39 AM) Reply
I saw this pattern this weekend and almost purchased it. After reading your review, I think I want to try this. Your photo was the real clincher, your blouse looks very nice. Love the summery look.
Emmetropia* said... (5/16/05 4:31 AM) Reply
Really pretty! I think I have to get me this pattern and give it a go.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/15/05 10:40 PM) Reply
Oh Teri, this is so cute and looks great on you. I love the fabric.
jlg said... (5/15/05 9:47 PM) Reply
I really like this top. I've had this pattern but wanted to see someone else make it up. You did a great job, and I definitely want to try it now.
Beryl said... (5/15/05 9:38 PM) Reply
I love how you matched up the print on the front. A little more work, but the look is so much classier.
Frogstitcher said... (5/15/05 9:35 PM) Reply
So cute, I also really like the neckline. It looks very nice on you.
BjP said... (5/15/05 9:34 PM) Reply
Really cute fabric for a summer top! Looks great on you!