Pattern Description & Fabric Used:
I made the v-neck top (view E) without the sleeves. I might have included sleeves if I had had enough fabric.
This pattern is designed for knits only, but, like the first time I made up this pattern, I used a woven fabric. The fabric was a short (if I recall 1/2 - 3/4 yard) leftover piece of unknown fiber content purchased at Goodwill. I purchased it for the drape and the lovely weave: close-up of fabric.
Sizing and Fit:
I cut a 14. My measurements put me at a 12 or 14. Normally I should go smaller (10 or 12) and do a full bust adjustment, but I stayed with the 14 because I was using a woven fabric. My previous experience was that the shoulder pleats mean that it is roomier in the bust than Simplicity patterns often are, so I did not make any additional adjustments.
I did not sew the pleats down in this version to give it softer lines.
I had sewn this before so there were not any big surprises. The collar extension in back is a little bit tricky if you haven't done it before, and the diagram on the pattern instructions isn't absolutely helpful, but this is the most difficult part.
I like this pattern quite a bit and am happy with the results. I would like to try the dress version in a knit sometime.