Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 1543 (Misses' Tunic & Knit Pants by Patty Reed)

Reviewed by:Nenewhis

About Nenewhisstar
Member since: 9/27/10
Posted on:11/17/13 11:31 PM

See other patterns in this category: Tops    Pants
gramma b said... (10/30/14 3:22 PM) Reply
I made my usual Med and it was huge, so select 1-2 sizes smaller. I re-cut the top of sleeves tracing a raglan sweatshirt--our shoulders slope, these do not--thus wrinkles! Ran elastic up seam for stable ruching instead of thickness of ties & casing in my heavier knit. Did like the different square neckline, but check width in a sample before I made the pockets wider with a diagonal opening, then ran into side seams. Next try I will join them for a center kangaroo type pocket.
gramma b said... (10/14/14 3:55 PM) Reply

SewWil said... (12/30/13 6:28 PM) Reply
Your tunic turned out great!
Passion4Sewing said... (12/29/13 1:10 PM) Reply
I should have read your review before making my top. Both the neckline and pockets are too narrow. They're doable, but my next one, both will be wider :-)
atymonw said... (11/19/13 3:36 PM) Reply
A great top! I have this pattern and will be checking the pocket and neckline width before I make it up. Thanks!
Elke said... (11/19/13 7:53 AM) Reply
Very cute on you! Thanks for the info on the neckline and pockets!
Mc Donna said... (11/18/13 10:57 PM) Reply
I recently bought this pattern and appreciate the tips! Looks great on you!
carolynw said... (11/18/13 7:19 PM) Reply
Looks great on you - so much better than the pattern envelope.
Saint Nolt Sews said... (11/18/13 6:53 PM) Reply
Love yours! I didn't change the pockets or neckline. It was those football padded shoulders for me. Love it!
Nenewhis said... (11/18/13 6:16 PM) Reply
To Lanna, yes this is loose and slips on over my head easily. Suggested fabrics are crepe back satin, laundered silks-rayons, sandwashed silk (I wish I could find that!!) , crinkled gauze, double georgette, linen and linen blunts, lightweight knits. Just be careful of that neckline though, and the pockets too. The pattern pieces are really cut wrong.
missyyz said... (11/18/13 2:09 PM) Reply
I ordered this pattern last week, and now I'm REALLY glad I did. Love your top !
Lanna said... (11/18/13 12:03 PM) Reply
This top looks loose enough, that it could be made with a woven, like a rayon. Looks as though it would slip over your head easy. Do you think that would be ok, NeneWis ? I just love it !
Lanna said... (11/18/13 11:58 AM) Reply
That looks so great on you ! I really like this pattern. And you have done a great job !
Melwyk said... (11/18/13 10:25 AM) Reply
This looks lovely on you -- love that colour! I've been wanting to see this made up as well -- glad to see it turns out so well. Thanks for the tips on construction, too.
prttynpnk said... (11/18/13 7:05 AM) Reply
Oh I'm so glad to see this made up- I've been wanting to make it- now after seeing yours- I must!
Vivienne said... (11/18/13 6:31 AM) Reply
Beautiful - looks elegant and comfortable.
ArtAttack said... (11/18/13 0:49 AM) Reply