Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8954 (Misses' Vest)

Reviewed by:sfshaza

About sfshazastar
Member since: 9/12/07
Posted on:11/22/13 1:32 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular

Vogue Patterns: 8954 by sfshaza  Vogue Patterns: 8954 by sfshaza
Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people    Very Helpful by 11 people
See other patterns in this category: Vests
sewmadd said... (12/4/14 12:31 PM) Reply
I just ordered the red linen fabric as shown on the pattern front.....I can't wait to make this....I love red.
Gloria M said... (7/30/14 11:46 AM) Reply
Absolutely wonderful!! And thank you so much for the sizing tip. I have some striped silk that I can't wait to use with this pattern.
Tina Rathbone said... (2/5/14 2:48 AM) Reply
Another great meld of fabric to pattern. I just acquired this one, and with all the suggested fabric types on the pattern, I can't go wrong. Hoping to finish this before our SFO Opera trip in May!
Annie P said... (11/25/13 5:28 PM) Reply
A great job! Your vest looks much nicer than the one on the pattern envelope, which just looks boring.
TJSEWS said... (11/24/13 4:25 PM) Reply
I've been eyeing this pattern. After seeing how fabulous your turned out, I may have to get it!
sewingcanary said... (11/23/13 10:27 PM) Reply
So many comments, what can I say?! Great food for thought on a jacket Im planning, especially about the seam. Re collar - Im curious if Vogue recommended interfacing. Perhaps a tricot or biased woven would help next time. Kudos.
lamstu said... (11/23/13 6:40 PM) Reply
Using stripes is a fabulous choice. You've done a great job with a difficult fabric!
sfshaza said... (11/23/13 1:34 PM) Reply
Thanks, everyone! Grey ann, I think you could modify the armhole pretty easily. You will need to adjust the armhole binding, accordingly, but it doesn't seem hard to me.
grey ann said... (11/23/13 12:54 PM) Reply
Very snazzy. You always inspire me! I don't look so good with the wider shoulders hanging down my arms. How simple do you think it would be to angle those armscyes so they shoulders would end at my natural shoulder line???
DorothyK said... (11/23/13 11:09 AM) Reply
Fabulous! Love this in stripes. The pattern has so much potential. Can't wait to make it.
Sue Parrott said... (11/23/13 9:44 AM) Reply
Your vest is super cute on you! I do really like it but one thing that has held me back is the fact that it is so very large! Going down a size will help, and after seeing yours, I have to get this pattern. Cute!!!
Danvillegirl said... (11/23/13 8:39 AM) Reply
This is so your style! Cute!
mmcp said... (11/23/13 8:34 AM) Reply
Great top, and very helpful sizing tip.
Fran G said... (11/23/13 7:59 AM) Reply
I knew this was a creation of yours while only a partial view was visible! Your fabric choices are always so cool! Always a statement piece.
VivianZ said... (11/23/13 7:10 AM) Reply
Cute, cute, cute!
ceedee said... (11/23/13 5:24 AM) Reply
Wasn't aware of this pattern but I now have to have it! Love what you did with the stripes; I can see how other talented people could take advantage of the design for decorative stitches, embroidery, using various color/texture fabrics. The sky is the limit for design opportunities with this vest. Thanks for the post (and it looks great and so comfy on you!).
petro said... (11/23/13 2:22 AM) Reply
Great result, the stripey fabric shows off the pattern seaming brilliantly. Like Carolyn I didn't see the potential in this pattern in the catalogue, but you have made a stiking top with it.
Dilliander said... (11/23/13 0:49 AM) Reply
Lovely to see this made up. The stripes work really well with the seaming, it looks great!
SewLibra said... (11/23/13 0:09 AM) Reply
Now that's a bold statement! I like it!
marthamyers said... (11/22/13 8:32 PM) Reply
Another great piece. What an interesting statement piece. Thanks for sharing!
Barbara V said... (11/22/13 7:44 PM) Reply
Fantastic Shams! Your striped knit fabric is just perfect for this fun vest. It looks great on you.
NancyZL said... (11/22/13 6:28 PM) Reply
This looks great! I'm in the process of finishing up my version & also found the collar droopy so ended up facing it.
bonnie said... (11/22/13 6:04 PM) Reply
Shams-what an interesting fabric to use for this pattern. you really open up the mind for new options.......bought a similar fabric recently from EOS...Wonderful creativity.
carolynw said... (11/22/13 4:22 PM) Reply
I saw this pattern and though meh! Now it's in the bag next sale. As usual your making of this top is just perfect. Love the fabric choice
mm said... (11/22/13 4:17 PM) Reply
Next pattern sale this one is going in my basket.
tanyamaile said... (11/22/13 2:39 PM) Reply

by: Saint Nolt...

by: Red Dragon

THE BASIC SLEEVE, a CD book by Kenneth King

THE BASIC SLEEVE, a CD book by Kenneth King

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)

Sew Chic The Tia Dress Pattern (ln1312)