Online Sewing Class: Blueprints to Blue Jeans

Pattern Reviews> Simplicity> 4674 (Threads tiered skirt)

Reviewed by:Emmetropia*

About Emmetropia*star
NA UNITED KINGDOM
Member since: 11/8/03
Posted on:5/16/05 4:41 PM
Last Updated:5/16/05 5:04 PM

Sweeta said... (5/17/05 10:12 PM) Reply
I agree with the above's it's a keeper! Well done ;)
AnneM said... (5/17/05 4:03 PM) Reply
You will have to make a 2nd version (either for her or you). Very nice for summer.
JDpenelope said... (5/17/05 6:55 AM) Reply
Keep the skirt! Only girls with figures like yours should wear low rise garments! Nice job.
Emmetropia* said... (5/16/05 10:21 PM) Reply
Aaw, thank you everyone! BjP - I'm 5'8" and wear a 34" leg, so this is about as short as I'd want to go! Athank you so much for the waist compliments! It's the reason I sew! Anything RTW that fits my other curview areas gapes around the middle and I look like a sack of potatoes.
GorgeousFabrics said... (5/16/05 8:39 PM) Reply
That skirt looks adorable on you! If I had your figure, I would definitely keep it and make an A-line skirt for my DSis! :D -Ann
Rennie Ashby said... (5/16/05 7:57 PM) Reply
I'd kill for a defined waistline like that! Is your sister named Scarlett by any chance? :-)
cutiepie said... (5/16/05 6:20 PM) Reply
Gorgeous skirt!!! Very modern :) And you've paired the contrasting fabric and trim really nicely to create something very eye-catching. I'm definitely buying this one!
jlg said... (5/16/05 6:17 PM) Reply
This is so cute. I've been trying to decide if I like the return of the tiered skirts; your skirt makes me think that I definitely do.
NancyDaQ said... (5/16/05 5:57 PM) Reply
BjP, it appears that this skirt is designed to be fairly short. The skirt length ranges from only 18 1/2" to 23", depending on the view. You can view the pattern envelope by clicking the link above, then clicking again on "see catalog information". I'm 5'4" and I could probably wear this without changing anything.
BjP said... (5/16/05 5:47 PM) Reply
Thanks for a good review. I wondered how tall you were? I made it for my 5'4" daughter and ended up cutting off a significant amount of each flounce to get it the right length for her. It really is a very cute skirt and it really looks wonderful on you. Love the color. Enjoy your waist.....mine left me years ago. :)
Gus2 said... (5/16/05 5:37 PM) Reply
A waist, haven't seen one of those in years! You really do have a delema with that skirt. You need to make another one!
CarolynGM said... (5/16/05 5:36 PM) Reply
You have a whole month to make another one before your sister's birthday. I can understand why you don't want to give it up -- it's very cute on you.
Mary Stiefer said... (5/16/05 5:15 PM) Reply
Wow - what a great looking skirt on a great looking body. Many of us wish we could look like that in a beautiful low riding skirt. You did an excellent job. I don't blame you for keeping it. Hmmm Since you have already made this once - it would be very quick to make another one for your sis.
candyo said... (5/16/05 5:07 PM) Reply
Very cute!
Frogstitcher said... (5/16/05 4:45 PM) Reply
I don't blame you for wanting to keep it. It fits you so well and it looks really cute on you. Nice job.

HotPatterns 1173