Pattern Reviews> Neue Mode> j22836 (quick and easy pants)

Reviewed by:CycleGal

About CycleGalstar
Member since: 3/14/03
Posted on:5/18/05 11:24 AM
Last Updated:5/18/05 11:24 AM

Review Rating: Helpful by 2 people
SandraB said... (5/20/05 11:19 AM) Reply
Very cute pants. Love your choice of fabrics.
PixieCat said... (5/19/05 2:57 PM) Reply
Cute pants. They look so comfortable yet well fitting.
CycleGal said... (5/19/05 9:11 AM) Reply
As far as the interfacing, I use a pretty beefy fusible interfacing. I press it on the (untrimmed) seam allowance, and then serge the seam allowance a little wider than I usually do. Any firm interfacing would work, doesn't need to be fusible. I am doing this on all my skirts and pants and it makes a big difference!
lisa m said... (5/18/05 2:30 PM) Reply
Nice pants. And how wide is the interfacing.? Do you have to trim it away from the seamline or does it serve its purpose better left on the seam allowance and the pants?
elizajo said... (5/18/05 1:48 PM) Reply
Great pants! Your fabric choice of linen stripes for capris will look great with a simple t shirt on a hot day this summer. I hope Neue Mode pants fit as well as Burdas. I will have to add this pattern to my wish list.
PegL said... (5/18/05 12:28 PM) Reply
Your pants are great! Thanks for the reminder about interfacing at the side seams! I had totally forgotten about that little tip!
CarolynGM said... (5/18/05 12:10 PM) Reply
Great pants. They fit you very well.
Patti-Jo said... (5/18/05 11:52 AM) Reply
Cute pants! Thanks for the tip on the side seam interfacing, I've been wanting to try that but always forget. What interfacing did you use? I have that same striped fabric, but I'm so light I disappear under it. Looks great on you!
Mary Stiefer said... (5/18/05 11:46 AM) Reply
I think these look adorable. I love the slit in the front instead of on the side. Great job.

by: Terri A