Pattern Reviews> Kwik Sew> 3283 (Crafts Neck Pillows, Hot Water)

Reviewed by:Deepika

About Deepikastarstarstarstar
MA United States
Member since: 11/28/01
Posted on:5/18/05 12:59 PM
Last Updated:5/18/05 12:59 PM

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 3 people
See other patterns in this category: Crafts

Sweater knit fabrics

Lou. said... (5/19/05 9:45 AM) Reply
I have this pattern too Deepika. Love your pillow. For anyone with long hair, try the towel wrap, I made one (although not fromt his pattern) and they rock.
Katharine in BXL said... (5/19/05 7:27 AM) Reply
Even quicker than running to the store to buy one? Yowza! Those are magic words! I happen to have a pounding headache tonight. One of these sounds wonderful. Thanks for reviewing, and hope your Dad likes it (especially w/embroidery!).
alicia said... (5/19/05 0:33 AM) Reply
I bought several buckwheat hull pillows on eBay, and used them as my supply. :) It was less expensive than buying them outright - I didn't need 'too' much so I couldn't justify buying it in bulk to bring the cost down.
Amanda L said... (5/18/05 10:26 PM) Reply
How cool! The embroidery rocks. Your Dad is gonna love it!
PattiK said... (5/18/05 8:45 PM) Reply
Great work, been meaning to get this pattern. A couple of years back I made a similar pillows from a McCalls pattern with regular stuffing then from buckwheat hulls. I bought my hulls from jCrow.com and even made sleep pillows from them. They are the best!
Hilary said... (5/18/05 3:52 PM) Reply
What a nice pillow, Deepika! It looks like a small version of a Boppy (McCalls') copy my Mom made a long time ago. I like the other neck pillow and the head wrap, too-I may have to get this! BTW, the embroidery is a really nice touch, and the zipper too. Mamamaia, I think I've seen patterns for children's neck pillows, too, from Kwik Sew, or somewhere-sorry I can't remember exactly where!
PVA said... (5/18/05 2:58 PM) Reply
Thanks for this review, Deepika -- I'm always looking for quickie-type gifts & this pattern looks really great!
Deepika said... (5/18/05 2:05 PM) Reply
Alicia, Where did you get buckwheat hulls?
alicia said... (5/18/05 1:36 PM) Reply
Very nice! Love the quick projects. I've made a few of these filled with buckwheat hulls and lavender - can put them in the microwave for a minute or two at the end of the day, it's 'almost' as good as a neck rub! I'll have to look at this pattern.
Deepika said... (5/18/05 1:34 PM) Reply
I think they might be a tad big for a child's head but you can easily adjust the pattern and make it smaller. I'd say go for it.
mamamaia said... (5/18/05 1:19 PM) Reply
Do you think it would fit for a child's neck? My boys tend to fall asleep in the car and then fall over or have their head hanging at strange angles. This might solve the problem. BTW I saw them for $15-30 at the airport and that was without a zipper :-).

Jalie 2565