Pattern Reviews> JSM Patterns> JSM (Joyce Simons Murphy) (Pants1)

Viewed 2040 times

Posted on:5/18/05 4:03 PM
Last Updated:5/18/05 4:07 PM
Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 7 people    Very Helpful by 5 people
See other patterns in this category: Pants
MaryBeth said... (7/10/09 11:16 AM) Reply
Oh, Spec: Here's the woven pant review. I don't know why it's not showing up in a search of the Joyce Murphy Pant pattern! I hope this helps you determine if you'd like to try this pattern. I do recommend it as a great way to learn what adjustments are needed for your "perfect" fit. http://sewing.patternreview.com/cgi-bin/readreview.pl?reviewnum=9375&readreview=1
Spec said... (7/9/09 11:12 PM) Reply
It's hard to see the fit because of the fabric choice. And, knits give a lot.
AnneM said... (5/23/05 7:42 AM) Reply
Love the fabrics; hope they don't fade away completely. I guess that is why they were $5/yrd. Nice pants.
SouthernStitch said... (5/19/05 12:16 PM) Reply
Waiting for the woven review too! These look so good.
MaryBeth said... (5/19/05 11:36 AM) Reply
Wow, CarrieA, I'm sure I'm not alone in saying a few reviews of your pants projects would be great! I really hope you will do them sometime.
CarrieA said... (5/19/05 10:05 AM) Reply
MaryBeth, thanks for reviewing this pattern. I am lucky enough to have been custom fit by Judy Barlup using this pattern. We got it to fit just right, then have used it as the basis for "fashion changes". I now have a pattern for golf shorts, closer-fit boot leg pants, and a lower contour waistband all from this pattern. Judy convinced me that I don't need a new pattern for each design change I want...just use this and make the changes I want.
Irene Q said... (5/19/05 8:18 AM) Reply
The pants look great. Thanks so much for introducing us to this pattern!
Danvillegirl said... (5/19/05 5:47 AM) Reply
MB, pants look good. Love the fabric. I am always amazed at fabric selections from one Hancocks to another. I never find nice fabric like that in my area!!! I am jealous. By the way, I love your shoes.
hongkongshopper said... (5/19/05 5:43 AM) Reply
I particularly like the fern pattern ones. And great with the cowl top. Thanks for the review
touran said... (5/18/05 7:04 PM) Reply
What great outfits - the fabrics are so lovely. Thanks for introducing 'other' patterns through this and the cowl neck reviews.
Sherril Miller said... (5/18/05 6:41 PM) Reply
This pattern fits you wonderfully. I can't wait for the woven version review.
els said... (5/18/05 5:27 PM) Reply
Great fitted pants, you have a real pants sloper, now you can easy make all kinds of pants like flaired, cropped, capri etc.A real keeper this pattern.
Patti B said... (5/18/05 5:00 PM) Reply
Mary Beth, these look great and fit you so well -- no drapey lines, droopy seams, etc. I think you've found a great basic pattern. Good review too.

Lekala Patterns 6131