Online Sewing Class: Altering Pants

Pattern Reviews> Jalie> 965 (Choice of Camisoles)

Reviewed by:MaryBeth

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular Petite

Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 14 people
See other patterns in this category: Tops    Lingerie
Lou05 said... (5/26/05 1:17 AM) Reply
Thanks for all the great hints on slinky. You may tempt me into a try because I love wearing slinky. You look terrific in the blouse and I love the middle photo jacket on you. You were brave AND successful. Nice job!
PixieCat said... (5/19/05 3:02 PM) Reply
Thank you so much for this informative review. I have a piece of slinky and a wonderful pattern but have been intimidated to try it. I'll save your review and read it a few more times before I begin. Great tops!
MaryBeth said... (5/19/05 12:57 PM) Reply
Everybody: thanks for the comments. The top with the ruffle is a different kind of slinky than the black/patterned fabric. It was a total surprise! Hopefully we'll get more/better slinky info when dear mentor (DM hehehehe) posts.
PegL said... (5/19/05 9:10 AM) Reply
MaryBeth, I've enjoyed reading all about your sewing adventures lately! Your outfits are all turning out great with such good fit! As for sewing on slinky...it's the reason I've invested mucho dinero at Chicos! Love the stuff but sewing with it is definitely a challenge! Kudos to you for conquering it!
Danvillegirl said... (5/19/05 5:49 AM) Reply
Nice looking tops. Looking good!
hongkongshopper said... (5/19/05 5:40 AM) Reply
Well the ruffle looks great! I will save this review for when I attack my slinky - which is ageing very nicely, thank you.
Amanda L said... (5/18/05 10:38 PM) Reply
I have an expensive RTW top with just the sort of ruffle you created as a "fix!" Thanks for sharing your process. It seems slinky is universally troublesome but oh-so-wonderful when you get it right. And you did!
BjP said... (5/18/05 10:08 PM) Reply
I love slinky, too.....I love the freedom of movement. Your garments look great...I especially like the squared design fabric. Lovely outfit!
lmg said... (5/18/05 8:59 PM) Reply
Great outfit and great review. Thanks for all the tips on slinky. I am not yet brave enough to try it. I like this pattern a lot as well.
CarolynGM said... (5/18/05 8:17 PM) Reply
Thanks so much for the slinky sewing lesson -- it seems a little intimidating, but your adventurousness paid off. I really must try this stuff. You are on quite the sewing rampage aren't you! Your closets will be full to bursting any day now .
Karla Kizer said... (5/18/05 7:56 PM) Reply
MaryBeth, I can barely keep up with reading your reviews lately, much less compete with the garments you are finishing. Thanks for the slinky lesson.
bunz said... (5/18/05 7:34 PM) Reply
These look great on you! Thanks for all the slinky lessons and kudos to you for being brave enough to try it. Wonder how it will feel during the heat of summer (if you get that there).
Nickle said... (5/18/05 6:51 PM) Reply
I really enjoyed your review, you have a great sense of humor. I think the ruffle looks good. The outfit looks very nice on you.

by: Muggiesew

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sew Chic Valentine Slip Pattern (ln1207)

Sewing Workshop Zona Jacket Pattern