Pattern Reviews> Cake patterns> 0369 (Red Velvet Dress)

Reviewed by:michellep74

Pattern Size:Plus-Sized Regular
Cake patterns: 0369 by michellep74 Cake patterns: 0369 by michellep74
Review Rating: Helpful by 1 people    Very Helpful by 23 people
MNBarb said... (1/24/14 9:03 PM) Reply
Both prints work for this well-fitted dress. Nice work!
Heatherrique said... (12/15/13 10:25 PM) Reply
Sleek looking dresses on you, Michelle!
The Dreamstress said... (12/15/13 6:03 PM) Reply
Great dress, and GREAT review! I think we really have to be realistic that almost no pattern is going to fit the majority of women right out of the packet, and everyone has preferences in how they like to sew.
sewtime said... (12/12/13 11:40 AM) Reply
Your dress is cute!
Mufffet said... (12/12/13 10:57 AM) Reply
Very nicely done! Love that print!
Baja Susana said... (12/12/13 7:43 AM) Reply
Very nice reviews. I have Tiramisu, and haven't yet opened the envelope. The Red Velvet looks nice in you, and like several others, I like the print. But the binding on the striped dress caught my eye. Nice work.
Rebecca D said... (12/12/13 6:46 AM) Reply
Thanks for such a thorough review. Love both dresses.
sandra17 said... (12/12/13 4:19 AM) Reply
Really helpful review Michelle - I've been looking out for this review from you! Lovely dresses.
3HoursPast said... (12/12/13 0:44 AM) Reply
Great review, Michelle! :) I think you're right about choosing to use the techniques that feel best for you in your sewing room, absolutely. As for converting the bodice to a connect-the-dots similar to Espresso, that's an excellent idea. I tried, dear me, I tried. I have an idea for another way to approach it but the sticking point is usually the pleats, and also the sheer variety of bust sizes and volumes and spacing. I figured I'd need four or five "dot points" at least, and it's troublesome to present it in a clear and non-scary way. So I opted instead to write in comprehensive fit help. I hope that doesn't come off as defensive or anything, I just wanted to mention, especially since I'm finding it impossible to find time to simply write about these kinds of things... :) Love your dresses, beautiful work, and thanks for sewing along! :)
SewLibra said... (12/12/13 0:34 AM) Reply
Nice dresses! I particulary love the black and white print.
MrsCharisma said... (12/11/13 9:58 PM) Reply
Very cute dresses! Glad you persevered on the pattern. It looks great on you. And, OMG the ITY is gorgeous!
Debbie Cook said... (12/11/13 6:29 PM) Reply
Your dresses look great! The print is my fav ... but then I'm a sucker for prints so they always grab my attention first. As the host of the unfortunate trainwreck, I think my final verdict of the finished dress itself was lost in the derailing ... I do like my finished dress and, as you found, the pattern works fine with the same modifications you mention. At some point, I'll pull out the pattern again and make another. (Love your hands/rings photo too ... so romantic!)

BurdaStyle Magazine 08-2013-106