Pattern Reviews> Vogue Patterns> 8430 (MISSES' JACKET)

Reviewed by:jewelea

About jeweleastar
TX United States
Member since: 10/19/05
Posted on:12/15/13 3:32 PM
Vogue Patterns: 8430 by jewelea
See other patterns in this category: Coat/Jacket

blue mooney said... (12/17/13 8:00 AM) Reply
Beautiful! Love your simple, sophisticated embellishment, too.
grey ann said... (12/16/13 6:19 PM) Reply
Love your jacket and the mods you made to improve the fit. But I perused the rest of your photos and was wowed by the dyed and embellished tank tops! I found your blog entry for the fish shirt. Where (month?) can I find more?? Thanks.
said... (12/16/13 4:26 PM) Reply
Wonderful. The collar detail is a great improvement and all your "extras" really enhance the design.
rivergum said... (12/16/13 3:04 PM) Reply
Love your version of this jacket and I am in awe of someone brave enough to felt their own fabric. Fantastic result! Re the pattern, I have made this jacket too, lengthened to a short coat, and I absolutely love wearing it. The width of the sleeves is perfect as far as I am concerned, just right to go over my Lagenlook tops. I have several more pieces of boiled wool and have ben looking around for patterns, but I haven't found any better than this one. The only thing I will change next time is to make the collar wider, and I think your treatment of the shoulder/collar seam is brilliant.
redside said... (12/16/13 10:29 AM) Reply
I love your version of this popular jacket. The details make it special.
VivianZ said... (12/16/13 9:27 AM) Reply
I love this jacket and the decorative stitching. I especially like you method with the collar seam. I have also boiled wool, but used a woven and like the result. Yours is an inspiration to try again, especially as i was gifted a lot of wool that I want to use up.
CissieW said... (12/16/13 7:37 AM) Reply
What a great jacket! Looks very cozy, too!
Rebecca D said... (12/16/13 7:23 AM) Reply
Simple and elegant. Thanks for the tip on sewing the shoulder and collar seam.
Denise L Perry said... (12/16/13 7:15 AM) Reply
This is a very helpful review and stunning jacket. I may try my hand at it after reading this review. Thank you!
Danvillegirl said... (12/16/13 6:50 AM) Reply
Very nice! Great job working around moth holes and fabric shrinkage!
wendyrb said... (12/16/13 1:16 AM) Reply
This is a simply thrilling jacket. I love the saga and how you shared it in your review and blog. Funny too. Since you are constitutionally incapable of sewing anything quickly you might want to check out the slow sewing thread for tortoises. Why sew quickly when you can turn out such personal and impeccable work? Thanks for documenting your process in your photos. Helpful.
SewLibra said... (12/16/13 1:06 AM) Reply
Wow, nice save on the fabric and it looks fantastic! Love the plum color and the topstitching.
cmcarr said... (12/15/13 9:22 PM) Reply
This is beautiful.
MrsCharisma said... (12/15/13 6:42 PM) Reply
Amazing. From the hole-y fabric to felting to the stitching...this is just fantastic.
carolynw said... (12/15/13 4:59 PM) Reply
Beautiful jacket - I too love this pattern and have made the back longer and really like that. Thanks for such a helpful review
jlg said... (12/15/13 4:52 PM) Reply
I love this!
frame said... (12/15/13 4:31 PM) Reply
This is a very nice looking jacket. I don't know what a two-step stitch is, though. Perhaps you mention it on your blog. I will go check it out. :)
eleda said... (12/15/13 4:31 PM) Reply
Great review & great jacket.
Dee2 said... (12/15/13 3:48 PM) Reply
I love your jacket! The fabric is perfect & the stitching you added really makes it special. I have this pattern & have been in a bit a quandary about making it b/c of problems encountered by other sewists & you have addressed all the issues that were plaguing me! Thanks for a great review.

Pattern Work
Pattern Work

Other Urban Unisex Hoodie

by: PeeWee419

Sewing Workshop San Francisco Coat Pattern

Sewing Workshop San Francisco Coat Pattern

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)

Sew Chic Clara Bow Apron Pattern (ln102)